Friday, January 1, 2010

Dec 31st 2009-Jan 1st 2010 ! Happy New Year from New Hemi Racing




All of us would like to wish you success and happiness in the 2010 YEAR !!!!

I wanted to go to the "Hangover Nationals" at Dragway 42 today all year I have looked forward to it, the truth is I HATE the cold and was hoping for something a little warmer.....BAH....I just cant stand the cold....why I ask as does my father, do we live in OHIO....the answer is simple, family and loved ones....makes the winter a non-issue for the most part. AND as I am finding out its nice to live within 500 miles of 75% of the US population and many speed part and performace vendors in Michigan :) As well as 10 minutes from Summit Racing.

My father called to REMIND me to blog last night, I bailed from the shop early yesterday 8:30 PM and sat in my lazy boy the rest of the night, nice to have a "night off"

Yesterday was lots more interior work to get that finished and some big decisions revisited, like the Dash and gauge package....I dont like closed systems and Im not fond of the RacePak dash, its nice and while others may see it as flexible, I see it as limited. So I found an "umlimited" answer and was playing with the software for gauge layouts last night.....heres how it will work the ECU sends telemetry data to a screen that runs some special software via a USBII input to my digital display screen, a custom piece of Java software then translates that to something the screen can display......I can load "screen templates" and move and order and display any gauge I want, any info the ECU has like any FI data, and well....the only thing I need to feed the ECU it dosent already have is Brake Line pressure for the line lock and Trans temp....no biggie. So its going to have a "coolness and wow factor" of about 9000, BUT for me its light, less time than integrating an Racepak and more flexible....the downside is it will only ever work with our ECU, the upside is it can be implemnted much faster THE WAY WE WANT IT, all Im waiting on now is my 5x9 very bright active matrix touch screen.......And best of all its NHRA Legal....so....

There is a downside for me once people see it....theyre gonna want one......and the truth is I can do it if theyre running the same ECU.....people I know of running the same ECU ..... exactly 0...By the end of the year if were as succesful as I HOPE we will be I can imagine there will be many...but for me to do it for someone else wont be cheap...and its not like its a "simple" thing for most others, my dad and I wont even blink...but were programmers and hardware hackers.

I also laid out (and trust me its ugly but my notepad has all the "accurate" measurements....for the Water Pump Motor and the Alternator mount....careful what you wish for....I asked my dad to get me a 5 rib underdrive pulley for the alternator...I thought he brought back a balancer....lol..shouldnt be too much drag thats for sure.....and at the 9000 were planning on spinning the motor.....should charge good during the run anyway. My aunt has a super percision mill and lathe...dont need the lathe now....but she uses it for gun work...so Im taking over the plate and going to Machine that Sunday....Itll be nice the Alternator and Water Pump mount plate will pull with 2 bolts and 1 plug. Ill make 2 plates and that way I can carry a spare "module" for alternator and water pump motor....quick pull on engine swaps and replacment in case of malfunction. So I get to go play in my aunt and uncles "Honeycomb Hideout" their garage which is in a lot of cases like my grandpas barns were...a lot of the same stuff too...I only wish my garage was so cool.

Hey if you live in Ohio and arent too bothered by the weather go hit 42 and the Hangover Nationals elim start at 2:30....passengers allowed
and dont dog me on the dial setup, I just threw it on there for a pic...:) 9 out of 10 people would have no idea its not set up even close to right....it was a "photo op" pic....
Also the below video I found on Youtube from last years Hangover Nationals...I have NO Idea who they are....the passenger reminds me of the guy from "Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure" or "Dude Wheres My Car".......I wonder how many times the guy says "DUDE"....



No comments:

Post a Comment