Thursday, January 21, 2010

Jan 21 2010











2 more DAYS TILL FULL SET OF PICTURES....are you all excited ?

Here are some "Teasers"


Weve got lots to show (and lots to hide...lol) so well....Tommorow will be the first build pics youve seen in a while, its "getting there" Im now another 1/2 day behind but, well fitting the damm windage tray was a pain in the arse. Hard with Pop out of town, I cant very well take pictures of myself.....Well when people are at the shop I throw them the camera to take a picture of the Days Stupidity......

Got in a BAD MOOD, when I tried to put the motor back together, well.....the damm mindage tray dosent fit the special pickup....I dont even think it would fit a stock pickup. So grinder and sharpie, files and sandpaper in hand 3 hours later it was all fitted.

Did some couputer work today on the Gauge system....looking good.....almost done...well not looking good all strapped together with duct tape , but DUCT TAPE RULES !


Other final build stuff today, I FINALLY Got the TTI Headers in , very well made, except Im very worried about the 02 sensor bung placement. But I wont be able to tell until theyre in. Another thing is the MASSIVE size of the collector....TOO Big I think, BUT I can run a tapered cone inside it, so it actually gives me flexibility in "tuning them" Im "probably" going to Start Dyno and Track with the 3 Steps, on a Dyno I think they will be much better, BUT a Dyno isnt the real world and I will test the TTI and map for them.


On the track we will try both, if I were a betting man....what the hell am I talking about I am a betting man. I would lay $ that the 3 steps are better right now the way they are.

A friend dynod their DP motor yesterday and found out some things we all expected. Nothing scarry nothing suprising, what he found out should lend itself great to our cam and header choices, thats the direction they are now going in now after running it out, the Cam Comp sells is a little "long in the tooth" and could be pulled back a few on the duration 3-7 somewhere in there.....right where were at, AND I so Hope Im wrong and the Cam COMP tried to sell us isnt the one others bought.....if it is please check your lift...I would hate , and I mean it sincerly HATE to see any DP Guys DQ'd it would suck for all of us the one they sent us lift is a hair over just a hair but over....we didnt go with it and instead our custom grind, and if it works it will mean thats where we started, I like it.

Fuel Rails and Gaskets (intake) will be here tommorow....


Ill give you a few sneak peek pics ..... Ok.....Like my new Migrant Worker Hat Pop ? Found ONE ! Looked Hard but found the one I wanted !


No making fun of my ROKET COMPUTOR (OR My HAT !).....Its got GO FAST AND STOP Buttons right on the face, theyre drawn on with a sharpie, Dont get all excited about the gauges YET, they are a picture just piped trough to the display, a screenshot I had, our actual gauges (on the screen) will look nothing like those (they suck)

If you wonder I now have 13 Summit Shirts and Probably 20 Hats, EVERY time I go to Summit I throw on My Jegs stuff, they litteraly throw new stuff at me if I promise not to wear the Jegs stuff......I have the hat in my truck for just that reason....:) Im a cheap SOB......





No comments:

Post a Comment