Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jan 7 2010 Behind and not caring....











Ok, so yesterday I ran some pickups and dropoffs of DP related items. Talked with a few folks about the car and what we can do about certain things.




A friend messaged me today to tell me the revised 6.1 piston specs are listed on NHRA.com

For those of you who werent aware the pistons as they shipped were different from the original and Ok'd spec, so hence "illegal" well sort of, they were working through it the builder and Bruce Bachelder from the NHRA, as well as Diamond....and a resulution was reached change if from an "in the hole" to .014 above deck...and still the .137 dome height, so we can now get almost 12.4:1 with the pistons the way they are, maybe 12.5 with 0 hole clearance coppers.....and who knows maybe the full 12.6:1......but before, no way.....12.1 or worse with an in the hole deck height....so while not a perfect solution, a solution.



Thanks to the person that found this issue.....I dont want to mention their name because I havent asked....but good job.....and lighting the right fires across owners to make this happen sooner rather than later. This BUGGED me for Pomona.


But yesterday after leaving the hospital from my Dad, who is doing well and should be sprung tommorow(ish) I got a call my son was at the Hospital....so over there I trekked, our local Childrens hospital is something akin to a rural vet clinic with Amish vets....yeah that bad.....So Cincy is where he is "followed" and its where he had his transplant, even though its 4 hrs away....so I had him transported. Kalitta Air nonetheless.....BUT hes in the best hands in the world, its been about 4 years other than checkups etc since hes been here, amazing how different a world class operation is compared to a second rate. Cincy Childrens is WORLD Class, Dr. Alonzo, Rychman, Ballesteri, Campbell and the rest of the GI and Surgical staff....they dont accept second rate, and as a result once again the best arrtact the best.



He is doing good a little uncomfortable, but they know what it is and its not life threatening, its well very uncomfortable, but there are 2 solutions and well see which one they use.


Dad is doing well probably be home tommorow....so, the car is now a couple more days behind....who cares, the health and comfort of my family is the only thing that really does matter to me, and when they are feeling better racing and building stupid things like "altered gas powered wheelchairs" in my sons case is something he enjoys......so when everyone is feeling better we will once again enjoy these things together.....


Pics of my son building his gas owered (this year it will get the turbo...really) His "Altered" gas powered wheel chair......this falls into the "Just because he can" category....A couple of pics so people can enjoy his strange exploits, the pic of him on stage is at the Misfits concert playing thier lead "Jerry Only" carbon bass guitar. Hes 12 I guess he was "BORN" into the Wertman strangness.........good good kid.
No more DP blog posts till Monday....obviously no DP work till then....

No comments:

Post a Comment