Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jan 23.....update.....

Update ....

After some porkchops and pierogies......and a bit of a movie, saying goodnight to the kids (except "Spongemonkey" or David Michael my 12 year old.....Back to the shop for more checking, rechecking degreeing, clay testing and general....CHECKING....

He asked me does it usually take 2 days to do this, I glared at him....no......well setting up the valves and rockers and the rest, it can to do right....and check everything about 97 times......yeah......hell never be a wrench.....that is reserved for my 6 year old.....

But all is looking well, I told the old man the options and well he was on the same page as me, going 10 is not a good option, having a record breaker is......

I dont know if the car will be able to do it, but I "Believe" it will be VERY fast.....Very....of course when we do all these things thats what we hope for all 100 DP Guys Will HOPE for the same thing. The only way to make it a reality is to do it.......

With the Stock 392 stick in there I KNOW we couldnt do it....so that only leaves 1 option NOT to run it and run something a little more "special" so tonight everything was checked and triple checked.

Do yourself a BIG favor , degree the engine without the Oil pump and pan/pickup on.....it can be done with it on but what a pain in the ass.....also the tensioner plate can be removed without the pump off but well....its just sooooooo much easier without it on.

So cam degreed in right where I want it. for now....that may change but I need to alter another cam gear.....I have one, but dont know how I want to alter it for advance AND retard....who knows where this will run best, I think I know but thinking and knowing are 2 different things.

Talked to a new DP owner Peter Ash out of Canadaland....nice guy and a knowledgable racer....as he put it a Mad Scientist builder.......mwhahahaha should fit right in with the Mysteriants that I call the Drag Pak Confederation.

Tommorow and Monday BUSTING ass......but were back on TRACK !

No comments:

Post a Comment