Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jan 20th 2010


Maybe I shoulda named the car "Glue Sniffer" or "Solvent Brain Injuries" wow, have I got a massive headache, too much caffine, too little food, too much Locktite Contact adhesive for the final carpet install....wow what a banger. Belts installed, seats, carpet, interior items, dash, etc....


Some banter on Class Racer, but it lead , or might lead to something good, if anyone else wants to join in a "Charity Bracket Race" drop me a line or give me a call, since most here have my number. A track in Texas will provide itself to Host the Event at no costing....cool...


Even if the guy who tried to bait me into something he may not have thought Id call HIS bluff on, hes wrong, dont ever bluff someone with a stack that will call you.....there are things that will always happen with Me OR the Old Man. If I can make something positive come from something he was "trying" to use as self serving, what better medicine.
As far as Us, My Dad and I...
1)We will ALWAYS call a bluff if I can cover it, sometimes it not a bluff and we loose.
My dad uses the quote "Sometimes you just gotta pay the man"

2)We will never loose a game of chicken, we dont flinch (and were stupid enough to play)

3)We dont play the hide in the light game, thats for Cockroaches, we will shine the light DIRECTLY on you, and leave it to you to Stand or Scatter.

4)We dont ever back out of a bet, ever.

5)We dont ever make excuses for our own stupidity, its ours we own every stupid thing weve done, and there are many

6)We dont as my father says "Offend anyone any more than is neccesary"

7)Will always be who were are, say what we say how we say it, and no amount of people telling us to shut up will work.....

8)Have learned to have fun in EVERYTHING we do, even these sorts of things, ESPECIALLY in these things....


I told the Old man , the answer was "Hell YES !" and then some more....lol. Talked to Pop today and gave him a rundown of the build and other items. My MOTHER actually is going to throw some money in seprate just to donate....no shes not going to race, but her and my stepdad are pretty philanthropic anyway.

I bought a Hat today, more racing oriented, I like the look, it looks like something a Migrant worker would wear. AND it matches my favorite work coat...completes the whole crawled out of a ditch look Im going for....Boots are next, I ordered some on Ebay, but theyre the wrong size, too bad too , they were like $600 boots, but they are size 11 NOT 13, so if anyone want a pair of "worn" looking Cowboy boots theyre yours for the asking....Handmade and all...

Got monster work done, engine is put off till tommorow. The carpet was putting too many "fuzzies" into the air for me to be comfortable doing engine work today, so sprayed some "Mojo Juusw" in the air to bring any particulates out of the air (well as many as I can) and will do it first thing in the AM.....Turned off the heat too, so as the air cools it brings it all down....

Lots of final calls on items, now theyre just spares and "nice to haves" but none showstoppers.

Now the FUN Starts, the REAL Fun....ECU Tuning, Track testing, Trip to Pomona, FUN, FUN, FUN !

No comments:

Post a Comment