Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jan 23 2010....Still behind but hopefull

Well Dad, your car is back on track.

He apparently lost sleep because of my posting last night.....sorry pop...Ok, well the "tradgedy" was ME Not listening to my GUT....and THINKING someone else knew and did something on purpose which really turned out to be an accident.

They were wrong I was right. BUT I followed their way of doing it. I THOUGHT there was something to the way they had done it that HAD to Just HAD to make sense, turned out they screwed up.....no biggie it happens and thats why I trust noone on an engine short of putting my own eyes and hands in and on it.

I dont like to say "dude youre wrong" until Im 110% sure....Now I am.....

We marked EVERYTHING engine with a sharpie, and I mean EVERYTHING, in case we came up against something like this, and we marked the Cam Gear and Crank as the Engine shipped to us. Just reference, and had I NOT done this I wouldnt have wasted a day trying to degree and get a cam right that was quite simply put in wrong.....BAD.....

I changed cams, and well the new cam , either the dowel pin was offset different (which it wasnt) or the cam duration was too much and I was having PTV problmes (which I was) But last night it dawned on me, I ll bet the damm thing was in wrong, (none of the marks made ANY sense, then or now) so, back in with the 392 cam.....

I have to call Stanton, and show him the pictures we took on dissasembely, I hate to do it, but damm if Ida tried to spin this motor without doing that.....wow......BAD.....I hate to do it because I know what his reaction will be "Thats Impossible" just like I heard it was IMPOSSIBLE this engine wasnt dynod, only to find out later they DIDNT dyno it. But Id like to keep a good relation with him hes an ACE engine builder, but I dont know what happened on this, I can only assume it was an employee error.

But the stock cam in the original location 2 set of Crank Marks front and rear (I marked it twice in case 1 came off , and cam gear marks, and it was FRIGGIN WRONG !

The really odd thing is (and I know this motor has not ben run for a fact and only a few before 50 were) the really odd thing is there was white marking (grease pencil ?) on the Arrow, now, we didnt put it there, so either Stantons guys did or ? Maybe it came from the factory that way (but since there is no logic in that) I know it wasnt us because well we have NEVER used a Grease Pencil, Shapries and whiteboard markers are what we use.

So Crisis adverted, and thanks to Jerry at Sheradon for listening to my rants and giving me his take as well, the old man was out of town and I need someone to bounce things off, and well thanks again Jerry.....He came to the same conclusion late last night as I did.

This morning Jay asked me what I was going to do and I told him I hope to put this together and see it fail , he told me that was the strangest thing hes heard, but after I explained it he understood, I needed to PROVE that it was wrong to start...

Todays lesson, listen to your GUT !

So Valve setup later tonight (shiming and rocker shaft setup) Tommorow and Monday Plumbing, Georgia on Tuesday and finish up the other items in out FI guys shop, they given us an area to work at the same time...so misc brackets, adjustments, etc. HOPEFULLY Testing on Saturday....

But Now ? Pork Chops with the Ex wife.......shes cooking....and shes a good cook, and well I miss my kiddos.....so thats all for tonight.....

They are running a "Contest" / "Poll" on who our driver is on ClassRacer.com

To think 2 months ago almost EXACTLY , NOONE, outside of a few locals, had any clue who we were and what we were doing........now weve got a FEW Fans, a FEW Arch Enimies and a Few who could really care less but have a general idea of what were doing.

Now theyre having "Polls" on us (or Drooze my online alter ego) lol....I think most people will be dissapointed in me in person Im not so much of an ass as I can be when typing........oh well.......

Cheers All

No comments:

Post a Comment