Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jan 16th 2010..The calm before the Storm

Ok, troops are called in, the oddballs and social misfits I call my closest friends, the kinda guys you can put your life in their hands......Well I guess thats why they are still my friends after 20 years, the kind you can depend on and can depend on you no matter what.

They also turn a mean wrench. Theyre all saddled up to chip in next week to finish the final build and get the car tracking by the 30th. We leave on the 4th for Pomona so......itll be tight

Today was "Movie Day" with the little ones Max and Bella..Better than the last movie we saw thats for sure...but it was good to spend most of the day with them especially after being out of town. I dont know how Im going to deal with the next year being away from them so much, or them being without me.....I guess every minute home will be spent with them...and thats a good thing. The 12 year old will be joining us trackside in May when school lets out. Ive got to build the "rack" for his Jr in the trailer

I love my dad more than anything (other than my mom and kids of course) BUT He has the WORST Habbit of Moving places I CANNOT FIND !!! I had to run over and pickup some stuffz, a new converter and our tranny cooler (sort of tranny cooler) ... it gonna be ... well COOL ! But it took me 10 minutes to "Find" his house, he just moved there 6 months or so ago....always the "other end of town" but its a nice negihborhood and all the damm roads go in circles and curves and AAAAAA.....probably why its a nice neighborhood other than all the big "Rubber" money houses the damm criminals cant find their way in or out...

So back to the shop after the movies and some "planning"

Pomona is the goal, I wont feel like a failure if we dont make it, almost 12 days of my #1 priority my kids....but well Ill be dissapointed if we dont....I WILL take the damm car even without testing if need be....

AND We need a new Tow Vehicle, the one weve got is on its last legs 180k of hard hauling miles...without some major work/upgrades....Itll make it through Gainesville but after...well...so I spent some time looking online....Im thinking something "Cool" like a 67 Chrysler Wagon.....IF I can find a super low mile (under 30k) original Ill go over and through it and well have something practical and unique. A fresh 440 with throttle body fuel injection and a new tranny (setup for towing) go over her replace all seals and some minor rear suspension work and it should be a killer for under 10k....I cant buy a damm 2005 Hemi truck for that and the truck wont pull as well as the 440...So why not ? Or a really cherry Imperial would do the trick...and it gives me an excuse to have an new Imperial :)

So tommorow the final short strokes resume......the final test of all of it is an will be....Well........Ill leave you a thought from a Book I read years and years ago....."Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". I have found 100% truth in it always.

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."

No comments:

Post a Comment