Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jan 27th...."In the Groove"
















Well today was a "Groovy" day....

My dad showed up with 2 different shoes on this morning, all just "normal" and perfectly reasonable around here, but he didnt mean to....so he started his day by changing his shoes and I started by laughing and taking a picture...all pretty normal around here.

Were loaded out for Testing and Pomona, Well, shy a few tools and a running car :) But shes buttoned up, and to be loaded out tommorow for Georgia. The missing (tools) will get loaded out on our way back to Ga....thru to TX stop rest,test....to Pomona....

Maybe 4 days behind where I wanted to be, well 2 weeks but my sons Hospital issues , well took time...they were my #1 priority and well.....were still on track....so...forward we go

I looked for my Simon and Garfunkel CD today just to play "Feeling Groovy" .... yes serioulsy.... but got backtracked with another CD.

The car got final items today, Driveshaft loop corrected, that wasnt fun. Headers, those werent fun, and other items, trans cooler/crossmember, and a bunch of other cleanup and final install, driveshaft in, shifter linkage corrected and reinstalled, carpet and interior back in.

My back feel sunburn, all the shimmying around on the ground, I use double cardboard I dont like creepers.....but the cardboard needs replaced, its full of metal shavings and my back....well Its a good thing I dont need an MRI or to fly anywhere anytime soon.

Everything is now in the car. Except the EFI computer and wiring. Well brake lines, but thatll be done in Georgia by me.

We decided not to leave tonight, its was dark and Im tired....tonight I got home before 10....I still cant believe it. I shaved, the first time in about 8 days....I think....that was a job in itself. But clothes all washed, face clean ..... ready for a 7 am wakeup and loadout.

Road by 9, Atlanta by Midnight....sleep, wiring start Friday, Brakes this weekend. FI finish next week. Return 3rd and 4th to take care of some personal business and grab some time with the kids....then Back to Atlanta.

Like I said it may not be a "Perfect Plan" but right now its our plan.

A shop that looks like a tornado hit it, boxes of stuff to load. And 1000 miles to drive.....tommorow will be a day like any other around here....crazy as usual

But Jay is going to come to the shop and clean it while were gone, we always joke his cleaning is great but his tool placement is "Job Security" every time something ends up we cant find it and a phone call resolves it. He knows......

But when we do get back a clean shop will be nice.
Some "road" items like lightening further, ESPECIALLY my Titanic 3 1/2 lb Alternator and Water pump bracket.....But at 3 mount points I can actually lift the engine out by it......lol....seriously....But as you can see its got some weight to loose.
We weighed the car today....our right rear pad was not working so it went back to Summit to be exchanged.....gotta love Summit, buy it there and I think they will take anything back no questions asked, ever.......never once....No problem....
But if what I think I got off the other 3 pads is accurate and the distribution is what I think it is on the rear, with the Ballast we added to compensate (or overcompensate as we tried) I think, I THINK we made the 3100 I wanted to make. (3123 is the actual number I come up with) so....well see....that was all items in car, and 30 quarts of fluids onboard as well as all the brake lines and several other ballast pounds about 50.....so.....Im hopeful. Nice to see......If we make 3100 I THINK were the first DP people to make that weight (thats the listed Shipping weight of the car)
Some thoughts on our/my "Next Project"
I have a couple people I have been entertaining the thought of building cars for....I have to figure out what I can do it for and make it cost effective for them. BUT before I commit to ANYONE, Ive told them.....well....I want to make sure ours runs down the track right :) They are apprently more confidant in our build than I am :)

LOTS of Pictures of the disaster that is our shop and load out....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newhemiracing/


Ill get to bed before Midnight, unreal........its like Christmas in January....oh wait I worked on Christmas.......lol

No comments:

Post a Comment