Friday, January 22, 2010

Jan 22 2010.....Pomona we have a problem

Well....Cleaned the car, up, picked up the spares today, gaskets hoses plugs etc. Got the fuel rails in...and well all was looking good....then......

Shit........today was one of those days everything seemed to go strange.

We have a problem, I do have a possible solution, but it sucks.....its better than nothing but....well it sucks.....

It a big one that will require a "command decision" there isnt much alternative , either tommorow I spend the day "trying" to make it work and bail to the emergency backup plan or .... we miss our window for FI and testing on the 30th.

So tommorow until the wee hours Ill be working on ie , I dont think I will see a solution I havent tried.

But other final assembly went well...I guess, now Im 2 full days behind. I will HAVE to Plumb the car on Sunday and Leave Sunday night for Georgia.

Im not panicking all the way .... yet ....

Unfortunatley, I cant call the vendor or any backup in on this one over the weekend.

Bad day.

Maybe tommorow.......

I guess it had to happen, there hasnt really been an "oh shit" moment until today on the whole build a few oh craps but all in the norm of a build, its just when getting to these short deadlines ... well anything is major and I really stepped in it with this.

I CAN fall to the backup plan, but the best I can get out of that is MAYBE 10 flat....MAYBE....

With this, well.....I can see MAYBE a 9.7 .... So its well well well worth doing and making if fly.

RUNNING, and Being COMPETITIVE are 2 different things.

Update......
Hmmmm....after 2 houra of thinking about it....I MAY, MAY have a solution, I may be wrong in my calculations, and hence in my install , something I was seeing just didnt make sense, occams razor says "All other things being equal the simplest solution is usually the right one" GOD I hope thats true....being a dumbass I can handle, failing such a big item Icannot.....

1 comment:

  1. I want to console for your problem as i felt really very bad after reading it. May god not trouble with this kind of a problem as it is very difficult to revive back.

    ReplyDelete