Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jan 5 2010.....Getting there...

Ok Im about a day behind where I want to be....so good thing Im fast at "plumbing"....probably because I was a Union Plumber and Pipefitter (219 Baby !) Till my sons docs made me quit..him having a liver TX and well...the risk of bringing things like hepatitis home was too great....so I had to become a programmer, thanks to Dad who had taught me all he could over the years I had a second profession I could litteraly step into, Ive got to tell you the first guy who gave me a job looked at my resume, my skillset and my prior work history and shook his head i think, but he gave me a shot, I worked for him for several years and we are still good friends

Now the racing , a third legacy , a third "profession" I can thank my Dad for that too.....and the thing that started it all, the Harley M65 Rapido basket case, really in wicker baskets....And the next weeks gift, a Chilton for Motorcycles, here you go.......he had already taught me basics and I was tearing down and rebuilding lawnmower engines and anything that sucked gas I could get my hands on......but without him....none of this would be knowledge or a way of thinking and improvising I am now capable of.

None....

Pop is feeling a bit under the weather, well because of the weather, so I need to hustle butt here to make , or try to make up for him not being here today and tommorow.....but he needs to get some rest....Hey pop, if youre reading this, for the second time, when your son comes over to snowblow your driveway to keep you inside, dont come out and shovel the sidewalk....;)

Cam is being ground, all set.....be here by Friday. Retainers checked and good for this engine even though they are originally a different application. Heads are almost ready....

So I need to plumb the car and put the carpet in after I get my "Body Plugs" after I confirm the part numbers I will post them here, I ordered them from the Dealer should be here tommorow.

And they were out of stock on the screen I ordered for our gauges, but I found a cheaper alternative a "Generic Dvd Screen" for use in cars thats a low volt draw and will cost about 1/2 as much.....made by Jensen...I didnt even know they were still in business....Ill keep thinking of my Jensen (I think it was Jensen) 8 track add on in my 76 Grand Prix...lol

But another grind of a day, more work on the Alternator mount, now just to "pretty it up" get the edges machined and polished....well actually do it, but its functional, albeit not "purty" yet.

Talked to an new DP owner tonight, nice guy....I havent met one I dont like. They may not like me after I get HP added to the package, but Ill still like them :) Another guy "doing it himself" less Chassis. So hes in his grind, dosent expect to be ready till next year 2011, but hes "flying solo" dosent have any contacts with whos doing what in DP world....that much more motivation to actually put up the Drag Pak registry so we can link to Vendors etc.

I talked to Manley today about retainers, I wasnt sure if what I had would work.....after he tried to talk me into running a weaker spring than I am running ?!?! And somehow trying to convince me nearly 50 on a rate lower was Ok ?!?! Then wanting to charge me for a "sample" and charge shipping.....wow....no thanks...Im glad I havent had one other vendor do that, not one. Everyone has been outstanding on this build....so no Manley retainers, I wasnt sure about them anyway, and the ones I have I am sure about I just wasnt sure about the clearance till I set up some (FREELY) provided samples......Sorry Manley you loose that one for a couple reasons. (like they really care ... lol )

All things good and ironed out today....rocking on....

Cheers all....

No comments:

Post a Comment