Saturday, January 30, 2010

Jan 30th , PLUMBING !
















Well, today was PLUMBING !










I nearly stroked when I went into the shop and the aread the guys who are doing our FI system made for us. I was half asleep still and didnt notice, damm near all the wiring is in, computer stuff, stunning, the worked till 10 or so last night and well.....amazing. So everything is looking good.


Our Fi and ECU guru came in and looked at the massive pile of AN fittings I had on the ground and said WOW, there has to be 2000 worth of fittings, I said....hm yep actually 2700 worth :) But most all will go back to summit, hell half are in the wrong bags anyway.



I always or someone always forgets something, no matter how much I buy....Some anyway, no matter how much crap I buy at summit they forget something.....something I tell them and I didnt check my order, so crap, its not that they charged me for it I just didnt get it.


My fingertips are raw from pinpricks of making AN lines for the Fuel system.



But I was able to run it "slick" I plan on posting a "parts" list on exactly what is needed to do one of Mike P's chassis builds the way we did should you care to.


Made some fuelrail modification for better fittment.


Dad put some temporary gauges in the panel , I say temporary but well the trans temp and oil temp will probably be permanent, they are just for Info and wont run through the ECU so......He also made brackets for the Bulkhead connectors for the brake lines

I have to finish the brake lines tommorow, but it should be cake, everything today was panning and dry fitting, so....


But we got a good look on a lift today to the underside, I have been putting off a lift forever, usually i dont need one, but for $2000 installed, yeah Im getting one.

Im still happy with the underside, not bad for laying on your back with Jackstands.....But If I do anoother build for someone it will shave were estimating 30+% of the time off, with time comes cost....if I can do it cheaper and a better job why not


Besides I have 1 other car that needs paint underneath the 72....


So tommorow finish plumbing, monday gauge mounts for our digital panel and head home.
Thursday head back....then to TX then POMONA.....its looking good ! We may show up untested if the weather dosent clear but were gonna give it a shot.....

No comments:

Post a Comment