Monday, January 4, 2010

Mon Jan 4th....Draggin.....

Wow...I was on the phone till 3:30 today getting all final details squared away on a whole bunch of things. A whole bunch more than I thought I had to......oh well...all square.

Driveshaft Came....Mike at MPR never lets us down....never...how he does what he does in a 1 man shop Ill never know.....but he got us our driveshaft , if anyone else is running a 904, I dont know (and couldnt find) nor did he, a slip yoke for a 1250 other than theirs...but MW has got em.
Didnt make sense to run a combo joint....that would make me "nervy" and with the 727 its less of an issue.

Got a couple sets of our springs in....and were gonna run what came in the engine (titanium retainers) springs and cam on Ebay....weve got no use for it. So......bye bye....if you want them drop me a line and Ill work you a deal...were not using any of it so....just more junk around the shop to look at.

I worked on the Alternator and the WP Mount plate today, its around 2 1/2 lbs total weight, I need to get some bigger bits for swisscheesing. About 3 or 4 more hours and itll be done....Tommorow is some head work and getting those ready to go back on a 5 angle and some other legal items. So thatll be tommorow.

Talked to the guys at the "Hemi Hotline" I havent dealt with them soo much, my dads car, his order, his pestering them :) But today and about fainted, I was told after we talked a while, Oh Chris, I saw on your blog about the sound deadner and sealer....I gulped....I had to "replay" everything I wrote in my head....ok...nothing bad just a little whining, and it was as I suspected the lines robotic system couldnt drop the program for it.....I knew it, but after 3 days of scraping I was getting a little grouchy ... I think Mack Reeves is going through that today :) What I was amazed at was they were reading this blog !!!! Wow, made me feel good. So a cheers and kudos to the Guys at Mopar we have pestered for 14 months and always handled the desperation from all DP guys .... "When are we getting the car ?!?!?!" ....

Talked to Larry Curtis today as well...always great...I am hoping they get trackside sooner than they think.....heck, maybe a road trip and chip in is in order later this spring. And I spilled one of my "Secret Squirrel" items to him I ok'd with the vendor, as I see him as the most receptive and potentially benificial....so hes probably thinking what I though he think....hes crazy this is too complicated and too much work...but I shared my reasoning with him....it may not be a good choice for them as it comes down to comfort level, were comfortable with it so it will work for us....someone else might not be, I hope so I see it as a potential major advantage. After Pomona, the "Cat will be out of the Bag" to all....since well....theyre getting some major landscape on the car...lol...thats assuming we dont fall flat on our face....but if we do, its 110% our fault not theirs...they are 1 item of a whole bunch of choices we made....We at NHR, the old man and me.

I was also Ok'd by someone else to spill another item.....but well I just cant....as much as I want to.....Its too good to spill before Gainesville...some will learn of it, but till then well be one of the few with 1.

Soooo.....a short day...its hard to get motivated any more to just the radio, when the old man checks out in the evenings I have been just puttering, so better to be at home eating some real food and researching.

No comments:

Post a Comment