Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Jan 14th 2010 , What day is it ?

Ok, well the days are blurring together here in the Hospital with my Son....BUT the most important part is hes in full swing to recovery and should be out by Friday ! Hes feeling himself again....just a couple more days IV antibiotics to knock out the bacteria in his blood stream from his intestinal backup issues....and hes golden.

Some Drag Pak calls today, Paul at Turbo Action for our "Phase II" trans....all the goodies...with straight cut protrans style gears all alloy internals (that can be) rollerized and an alloy sunshell....should be about as "trick" as a 904 can be.....past that it will be a Protrans if we end up with breakage problems, but I dont think we will, this is still gonna be 1000 cheaper than a protrans so......we have a "backup" 904, and this one....Our "Phase I" tranny was originally only for testing and Pomona-Gainesville...the turnaround time on a Protrans was too long. But in the meantime we can play with a couple converter combos and well see where were at, as well as rear gears.

I need to order another 3rd member....gears TBD...But I FORGOT to call TTI, Im a bit dissapointed about their delivery time I ordered them 2 months ago.....I also have another set of 3 steps coming from a different vendor that were ordered less than 3 weeks ago..is TTI that backed up ? I may cancel that order.....irritating.

Talked to Jerry Hatch of Maine today hes number 56, nice guy, with stones, he drove his DP car back in this weather ! Wow....Im sure he was "white knuckled" as he said, I drove the old mans convertible 30 miles yesterday and I think I was having chest pains :) But its home safe....He made me feel good, he said the tact of which I seem to handle things on CR as well as him finding my posts entertaining , it was nice to hear....he also wanted to tell me not everyone on CR is DoomSayers....this Ive already found out. Ive noticed MANY people of the Silent Majority there are very supportive and technically helpful, I love Class Racer as a resource....its a good one if you weed past the grumpy people :) There are some great people on there and I am lucky to have quite by accident stumbled on it.

Talked to Jerry today with Sheradon....always good I felt bad I had to cut him off, a migrane was killing me....took another 2 hrs to get rid of that...

Also talked to "Mr. M" today another DP owner, always a pleasure, I hadnt heard from him in a while and was wondering if he was doing well, hes been just very busy with his day to day, but I learn a lot new everytime we talk, about these cars, the history of racing and other things unrelated, hes been there since the beginning and right in the middle for many years , good to talk to him and I cant wait to see him trackside.

The DP calls helped a bit in my "isolation" and mental hygene here at the hospital, it makes me realize how MUCH I NEED to get the Drag Pak registry up, and to that end spent some brain power on how to code it fast, Im thinking a "Wiki" format, basically a notepad with sections editable and trackable changes , where the DP Owners/Teams will be the only ones with Access to it, there we can share and document vendors, data, pics, etc.

Then later I can add the social networking component to it, My dad got his new server while hes on vacation I may just load it for him....were going to run Linux and well my "current" unix skills are a little broader and Ive recently done what we think is good for that. So after Testing Ill work on that a bit..

Some "R&D" today a lot of reading chemical properties of certain coatings...and I worked on a program Im writing, I will give it to the "Class Racer" community at large when Im done, Im thinking Ill make it a web app even though right now its a desktop app...

Basically its going to have all the Classification data in it and its a reporting system.

Pick combos by manufacturer, engine size, engine family, year, etc....then run reports on ones that have never been refactored, are by engine size or family possibly underfactored, as well as having a place to enter "stats" of existing combos in and report on that data....Im calling it "Class Cruncher" its basically what I already did but with a user friendly front end on it. Its some programming to keep me occupied and someone else may find it usefull or curious....Im going to "test" it by having it pick and make suggestions on MY next combo...:) Oh and thats part of it too...Im going to tie it into the "Average" sale price of a couple collector car and used cars XML feeds so that you can sort and select by average cost (of a chassis of course) will be MOST helpful on the Newer Post 1990 stuff. Its NOT going to be a distraction, rather something for the next couple months to fill in road and hotel time....

So thats all things DP today.....at least that my mushed up mind can think of...

No comments:

Post a Comment