Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jan 12 2010....A day like any other

I was asked today is everything surrounding your life so complicated .... lol



Well...I dont think so I think its normal.....for me it is......If I really stopped to think about it I might get depressed....better to press on....my USUAL day is screwy and has been for a looonnnngggg time, part of it is I joke, "You know that little voice in your head that says that might not be a good idea" yeah....well my brain is deaf to it....



Take Today, well it started last night....I rode home from the Hospital with the Ex(#1) In laws...that was all good they are always a joy and funnier than heck...



This morning, I had to take my Dads car to the title bureau across town.....



So I had my uncle drop me off at my truck that was left at the hospital when they lifflighted my son down here to Cincy....so last night was home...this morning when he dropped me off, I had left the dome light on and the battery was dead, he had already left to meet me at the shop, soooo....after tracking down the Security guard car and using their jumpbox, off to the shop , pulled in back to pickup the trailer and they had plowed the storage yard, with a mountain of snow in front of my trailer and my truck got stuck (I only own 2 wd trucks and especially if Im towing) so...Im stuck, but the plow guy was there so he pushed me out and cleared for the trailer, up front to put the Challenger Convertible (the Yellow R/T) in the trailer after unloading the junk from the trailer (my sons Jr, and FrankenCart our golf cart) Well, I forgot to snap the ball lock, so half way up I "flipped" the trailer off the ball, go back get the jack, jack the trailer up. Put it back on.



Then the snow had covered and slicked up the ramp so I couldnt get the car up....so...line up and LAUNCH ! I figure if I can line a drag car up for an 8 second pass without steering I should be able to line a car up for fast entry....there are about 4 on each side...(beyond the correct painted mirrors) So a nice long run launch and BAM right in where it was supposed to be. Uhhhhh should used the winch but the trailer battery was dead and I havent hooked up the hot line yet....So ... now Im stuck in the car...but its a convertible so...open the top and climb out, in the process I ripped the whole ass outta my pants, so Im lashing the car down and my ass is freezing with wet cold snow hitting it......and put the load levers on , check everything and off.....well then I miss the exit, go to turn around, and feel the car loose, the tire straps for "Front Runners" (a little too narrow had slipped) so Im strapping things down and WooooWooooo....light and siren, a cop had pulled up behind me...scared me at first, I dont like MOST Policemen....But this guy was cool, and I told him what happened and he said, "Oh old car ?" So I told him yeah the old mans Challenger, he was obviously interested so I dropped the gate and we chatted while I founf a wider tire net in the trailer and resecured it....then off to the title bureau...



Ass hanging to the world....lol....never even thought about it the cop saw me with the whole seat torn outta my pants and me just doing my thing....he never said a word.



So get out check things meet the old man , give him the paperwork look through it for something I thought got left in the scanner, have the lady inspect it....



In the meantime Im changing pants in the truck, but pulled up parallel to the building where people walk in and out...some very overweight woman who worked there walked by right as I have nothing but my underwear on and am "arching" to put the new pants on...needless to say she gave me a strange look and shook her hear....its UNDERWEAR LADY ! I swear to GOD I am going to wear a Speedo and Tank top into there in the summer to her counter..(I think shes building department) I should go in like that and ask something like......Do I need a fence around a hottub full of Jello ? (With a straight face of course)



I keep a spare set of clothes in the truck for just such "Emergencies" unfortunatley the pants I had have the leg shredded...I havent replaced them...time for a "New" spare pair..



But then I missed the turn for my dads, nothing new.....and after getting jockeyed around back to his house to snowblow the driveway and salt so I could put the car in his garage...that went fairly uneventful, except I gashed the crap outta my thunb starting it...



Normal day so far....



Went to the machine shop and checked the valve backcut and some other work...all good...drop off the retainers....and as Im walking out I noticed something, a set of very strange cast Iron headers on a FE (390) with Dual Quads.......they looked familiar....Id seen a pair before but couldnt place em....Nascar headers...cool stuff , worth well more than the engine. well more...(there was a time I was into FE block ford stuff....a long time ago)



So back home for a shower (and new pants) and shirt...there was a shirt in my bottom drawer I didnt reckognize, but it was marked XXL...so I figured cool one of those Tshirts with a long sleeve shirt sewn in....I put it on, a bit tight, but it was obviously new and a gift someone bought, not unusual for me to not wear something for a while....since most time anymore Im in work clothes, the Ex(#2) brought the kids by so I could say hi and hug and kiss them, 3 and 6 and shes like "Wow youre all looking good and dressed up" Im thinking I do look damm good in this shirt....lol...



So Its a little tight under the armpits and I keep thinking no way this is even an XL, a large Tshirt fits fine, but after the 4 hr drive back to the Hospital in Cincy where my mom had spent the night with him, It dawned on me....it was a gift...for HIM...from my Mom....well small for me, huge for him...I guess Ill just have to look cool in it albeit uncomfortable.



But bored outta my mind I talked to our driver for Pomona , Larry, Jeff and Jerry on the way down. As well as the old man a couple times....



But back down here in Cincy with my boy....Hes doing MUCH better....



Apparently everyone, My Father and My Son as well as me, well our sense of Humor is returning......my dad making wisecracks about not liking "rap" talking about the car "wrap" my son taking pictures of his fingers with his new cell phone intentionally blurry that look like several possible places of the female anatomy and texing it to his buddies and laughing.....laughter is good....



So....a day like any other ....



I was notified I kept a friend UP last night.....his wife went to bed and said are you coming, he said No....Im waiting for Chris's blog....



This is somehow "complicated" ? Lol...normal around here....

No comments:

Post a Comment