Friday, January 1, 2010

Jan 1st 2010....Starting by finishing...




Ok I decided to do some things I needed to FINISH today, half done only half cuts it, making all the rest of the brackets and mounts for everything. Mounting DS loop and well...ok Im gonna leave the shifter till tommorow to mount. Ive got to get more bolts.




Wacked my thumb repeatedly machining the one bracket.....my thumb may look bruised but the bracket rocks...




And I corrected a flub with the seats...and mounted the belt on the CORRECT seat...a pain when youve got 2 drivers seats and an easy mistake to make.


Ok for all you DP guys out there who may be pondering mouting something on the plastic core support.....well its not just plastic, its got a steel core...so mount away. When you drill be prepared for metal, its not too thick about body metal thickness, but it will not stress and crack like I was afraid mounting something to it may.


I made up the carpet tabs too, yeah carpet coming loose under the pedals not soo good.... SO a strap of thin alloy and some holes, fold carpet under, screw in...non-issue...and I even took my time and "sculpted" the strap so it fits and looks good :)

Is anyone else out there having a mental block about what to name/theme the car like ?

I was going to run a "Contest" or have another site do it, but dont have time to follow up on it right now......I posted at Class Racer and Moparts...maybe someone here has some advice....send it to cwertman@gmail.com

That and checking some measurments and doing some figures on lauch and oil and pickup ..... trying to figure out the launch angle My launch G at a 9.7 should be around 1.9g's with the angle of attack I am calculating based on other cars runs like Irv Johns 9.74.....crank centerline.....my head is gonna explode......well at this point, I think were good with our changeout on the windage tray, if Could be closer and if I have the time Im going to open the louvers and reweld it.....another 1/4 inch should do on the louvers.....and when I get the crank scrapers...that will help disrupt the oil cloud so......arrrrrrrrrrr......which part of involves jacking the car up to "wheelie" position based on what I was able to reverse out of scale on the pics of Johns car launching.....Then taking the crank centerline measurments, adding the accleration, taking the pan measurments and angle, and pickup.....yadayada....but the car looks good like this, kinda like the models you built as a kid and glued the rear wheels to something to make it appear to be in a wheelstand....

Need some parts runs in the AM, body plugs and bolts...

Still trying to decided on what to run in the trans, any suggestions anyone ? thinking of straight hydraulic fluid....gotta talk to Paul at TA about it. Same viscosity as the ATF (#32) hmmmm.....well see....all those detergents and modifiers in ATF breakdown....period. So...since its strip only Im thinking straight hydraulic fluid...

Looks like someone has been shaking the snowglobe outside....Im dreading driving the 2 miles home....it never gets salt or plowed and I dont have any heavy junk in the shop for the truck....we moved it all into the shop behind to concenrate on the DP car.....ug....

No comments:

Post a Comment