Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 29th....A day off....sort of....

Well the car arrived at our super secret "Undisclosed EFI Location" Unloaded went over the parts, docs and when I left Im sure they wanted to kill me and hide the body....I thought I went over the "extras" I wanted them to do, but after replaying the conversation in my head I think I got sidetracked before I told them all of it......

A name for the car was tenativley agreed on....think it looks like a winner.....

So nothing exciting, they started work today and tommorow I start the plumbing.

I THINK, and I say THINK I may do something against my nature and run a partially redundant gauge system......but it may be a temporary item.

So with nothing exciting to post from my end let me introduce my Father David Wertman

Here is something he wrote a while back and put on my desktop.


Note about holding trunk lid up.....

A broom stick holding the trunk lid open sucks since the darned trunk lid itself weighs a ton,
and you can get a hernia just lifting it to put the broom stick in place...

So go to the dealer and shell out 20-30 bucks for two of part number 1-04589645AA

Installation is snap on, you will have strained to lift your drag pak trunk lid.
After these are installed, the trunk lid responds to a push and is wide open, and stays there!

Also they don't weigh an awful lot, and in our weight conscious world, that meant a lot to make
the decision to put them in place.

Having done so, we have never once have said, let's save that 1 1/2 to 2 pounds and take them out.

It is not only about convenience, it is about safety as when you are holding the lid open with a broom
handle, and the car gets jostled, that lid will come down like an angry alligator, snapping off anything
in the way of it's powerful jaws.


Till tommorow.....

The blog has grown a life of its own for our family.....our family and friends are keeping "tabs" on me through the blog.....

No comments:

Post a Comment