Friday, January 29, 2010

Jan 28th In Atlanta.....FINALLY !

Well its 3 AM and were in Atlanta all bedded down for the night, my dad told me "Dont forget the blog" So.....here it is

Were here.....took forever to load out in the Ohio snow and cold, but I sure wasnt leaving a loaded out trailer with #24 in our parking lot last night, if I would have THOUGHT about it I would have taken it home DUH.....but well I was eager to get home "early" last night ..... by 10 pm....I had clothes to watch and wanted to see the end of a movie I started 2 weeks ago.....

So movie was good....dark ending but memorable.

So were here....to the FI gurus tommorow....these guys are GOOD, actually thats an understatment.....but our competitors and theirs will find out exactly how good shortly, these guys live and breathe FI, not some lame wanna be tuners who can use a laptop program like me....or some installer of someone elses system.....these are the guys that design and manufacture and CODE the firmware for it.........We plan to have a guest for Dyno tuning, he is considering FI systems with a new Hemi for GT.....a whole lot of experience and from what Ive heard and talked to him..one hell of a nice guy, it will be an Honor to have him.

But so far so good, the "Old Girl" our 180,000 1998 Dodge 1500 5.2 did 70 the whole way and didnt complain one bit. We bought it 2+ years ago as a utility hauler, we paid 4000 "out the door" and intended from day 1 to put a 440 in it with OD 727, we wanted a quad cab longbed with a good body, the body was perfect and Ive made it my mission to kill it, I cant.....we plan on another tow vehicle and have budgeted for it , and may very well buy a new one on the road....but NOT until the "Old Girl" gives it up, and there are no signs of that at all. So.....Ive driven her daily because, well I like her, shes got warts, scratches, and now a rust bubble or 2 .... but gets 24 mpg running solo on the highway and 12 or so with full load up the Tennesee mountains ..... so I mean I do "hilbilly" oil changes to her every 10,000 miles or so, theyre easy, just add the 3 or 4 quarts shes missing (yes Im serious) but ive been TRYING to kill it so I have an excuse to put the other engine in.....I have formulated a theory, the sludge in the oil pan traps the metal particulates enhancing engine life ....lol.......ok so maybe the theory has some holes in it....

My dad and I had a great time on the way down talking, its been a long while since Ive seen him (his vacation was over a week) but he reminded me of "Motor Honey" we talked about it and laughed , ever try to put a cold jar of it in your car ? We both have.....screwdriver digging it out into the oil fill.....oh the good old days....I wonder if they even still make it....

But lots of chatter about this and that......always good company for a drive.

Well off to get my obligitory 5 or 6 hrs of sleep, they dont open till 9, I may wander in a few minutes past.

Till tommorow

No comments:

Post a Comment