Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feb 28th, its official I am homeless.....

Apparently the Federal definition of "Homeless" is as follows


For purposes of this chapter, the term "homeless" or "homeless individual or homeless person" includes-
1.an individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence

Well, I am starting to wonder, I bought a wonderfull little house in October to celebrate my divorce :) And I wont ever have to share or give part of it away ever...(I am never remarrying)

But I havent seen it even in I cant tell you how many weeks, tonight I am "home" for the night which will be my dads spare bedroom, tommorow ? Or a Hospital room in Akron if my son is still there, I have no idea, I am going to visit the kids and may end up sleeping on the couch at the ex's depending on when I leave or how tired I am (we get along fine, we just cant stand to live together)

When am I going to sleep in my OWN bed again ? I have zero idea.....none whatsoever....maybe after gainesville ? Maybe.

My son David has the Chicken Pox, not so serious normally, but well, David is different because he had a liver transplant and is on immunosuppresants, it can be very serious, so this evening on my way home, he was hospitalized, he feels fine, hes a little scared, and bored......so tommorow a car package and hang out with him for the day, and night.

Tuesday, DEPENDING, on how things are going, back to Atlanta....for the Divisionals, if not me I think the old man, but well I dont see him doing all the stuff we both run like crazy to do by himself, loading, unloading, etc. So well see...

Cleaned the shop we managed to take over, I feel bad about it, I really do I had no intention of anything like this/that....I guess its becoming our "adopted home" and the cars....lol, our ever gracoius hosts and title sponsors have been more tolerant and patient than I may have been....no I would have been patient, but I would have wondered why did I offer again :) So we tried to clean up and exponge all evidence of our being there best we could today.

Our sponsor DiyAutoTune and Jerry Hoffmann have been AMAZING, in every way, I and my father spent a lot of time discussing how to (and how not to) represent them and their amazing efforts, hospitality, generousity and patience.

When I first contacted them, I asked a tall order, I gave tight paramaters and dumb deadlines, well, the only ones lagging on deadlines have been us. They "knocked" one out of the park, no matter how slow we run in our initial outings, thats ALL on me, cam choice, gears, headers etc. but WHEN we go fast, a majority of that credit is theirs for providing a fuel system they could LITTERALLY program to turn my dishwasher on via cell remote uplink at a given time if I wanted them to, not saying its practical, but If I challenged them with it, in about 5 minutes they would have an idea how to do it, Matt, Russ, Ben and the owner Jerry.....I like them all a lot, they think a lot like us, me and the old man, maybe its the tech / car nut combo.

So tonight home ? Well the spare bedroom at the old mans.

First things first tommorow, replace Max's fish, they died, he had a meltdown, hes 6 and they were a christmas present he wanted so badly, the ex had the filter turned up too high and hence a couple of dead genetically modified glowing fish (they gene spliced em with glowing jellyfish) So that will be his suprise "coming home" gift (and a glowing pink one for my daughter)

I got a new pair of boots today, cowboy boots, nice handmade and hand pegged, last pair of Handmade Dan Posts I had were about 800 but lasted nearly 3 years of beating them up seriously and fit great, these well see, but I hate gravel in my shoes from the pits, cowboy boots are the "easy answer" and I hate cheap shoes/boots so these will probably look like crap in a week, they are a dress style but have the pointy toes I liked so....

And my father and I agree we had one of the single best sandwiches ever, at Dennys of all places, I have paid $25 for a "gourmet" sandwich (I didnt want to but did, and it burnt the shit out of my mouth at which point I couldnt enjoy it with skin shards hanging in my mouth...) and well, this prime rib cheesesteak sandwich at dennys was better...everything was done perfect, I doubt Ill ever have one that good again there, but all meat was good not one fiber of fat or grizzle, hot, toasted just right, damm good sandwich I want another as I type this.......

Nice fast drive home, good company makes the trip

When we got to my dads I had to spend 10 minutes snowblowing the driveway so I could even GET the Challenger UP it, wet nasty Ohio snow........

We should just rent a place in Georgia for a couple months Im thinking, I dono if our sponsors have "mental health" coverage for them and their employees, us being right down the road more than 12 hours away may be detrimental to their peace of mind :)

Good ending to a Crazy week.....

Next week ? Lather rinse repeat......(and wash the Challengers they need it.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment