Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feb 2 2010...Hungry ?!?!?


Last night or this morning it dawned on me, the build is done.....


There are little things to do, but now more than 1/2 will be changeups and alternations. Not build....


So I have decided to "Officially End" the build blog, its purpose was to document what got done on the car what day, there was a point at which it changed from what I intended and carried commentary, some of that was "refrence" for our point of view, but some was hell just rambling of an overworked and under rested New Hemi Maniac.....


SOOOOOOoooo....not to dissapoint, the blog will continue, just it like all other things in life changes. Now its to be about our Journey through the season and from Point A to Point B, as well as lots of pictures, kinda like the "Travelling Gnome" I REALLY want a Pic of the Drag Pak car in front of "Bigfoot Cave" and in front of "The Giant Ball of Twine" Ill get em.....


Right now were on the road back from Atlanta, it is UNREAL , the snow is bad and they have apprently no idea how to clear a road in Wyteville (what state ?)


We stopped at a gas startion this morning and pulling in we saw a "Grill" that had more signs "Burma Shave" Style in the long entrance road and at the end was the picture you see.....


My first thought was Id never eat there, then I thought about it, with all the signs something had to pay for it, and well.....maybe their grub isnt bad, there is a place back home, its been there since the 30's tucked in a negihborhood that has EXCELLENT burgers, 1 of the 2 best in our area. They are the offender of more health code violations and vermin than anywhere, but everyone knows and still eats there, why ? Its a damm good burger :) Hell the Japaneese take their lives into their hands everytime they eat Fugu ( the blowfish sashimi that can kill you) so.....why cant I enjoy a burger.


At the gas station this morning we both got a fried bologna sandwich about 3/4 of a lb of hunk of meat.....me and my dad reminissed about my Grandma Lombardi and her cooking , that was one of her specialties.


My father grew up very poor, poor but loved. He laughed "hell I didnt know until I was 12" I was poor I thought everyone lived that way. My Grandma was frugal, heck all of my family both side, I am , My dad, he spends like a Sailor on Shorleave :) But its nothing about money, its ALL about family and love. My Grandma and Grandpa Lombardi were the sweetest people on the planet. I wish they could see our adventure first hand.


Ive got to go order some "Goodies" for Phase II engine and trans for after Gainesville.....so until tommorow.....(or later tonight)


Ill leave you with a quote from (well my father often says it)


"The biggest detterent to progress is common knowledge of what supposendly cant be done"


1 comment:

  1. Keep up the blog its been a cool adventure so far. Looking forward to you'll sharing some racing info

    ReplyDelete