Friday, February 12, 2010

Feb 12th.....engines, speech, memories, fires and questions

1)New Engine
2)Apparently my speech runs something akin to "Wilson" when typed
3)Memories of what my parents gave and fostered in me
4)Fire (Fi guys building a sled for Georgia)
5)Questions ..... what next.

1)Well new engine is here at "home" wherever that is for the moment. Now its in Atlanta...thanks to the gracious hospitality of a sponsor, me, Ida kicked me out a week ago, good thing they have more patience than me :)

2)Someone said I remind them of "the guy you can never see his face" on the Tim Alllen show.....trust me its better to see me than hear me.

3)I had a LOT of time to reflect, (I think I missed my calling in classical greek and roman philosiphy) on the 3 hour ride back from picking up the heads from the "Magic Treatment" and NO FOR THE LAST TIME THE CASTINGS HAVE NOT BEEN TOUCHED.......Volume, EVERYTHING Perfect !, But the valves and valve job...ALL 100% legal....well the Pro Stock guy that did em his words...."They aint seen nothing like this"

BUT the MEMORIES....well...wrenching on this that and the other as a kid. When I was about 9 my IQ was tested and they said I was "Gifted" ... my opinion is too many hippies smoked too much dope and were trying to come up with the "next" thing in education. But well when I was about 12 my parents packed me off to Baldwin Wallace colledge for the summer courses, I live on campus all that stuff, Sailor hall last room on the right to be exact. And well , my course primary was "engine theory and mechanics" yes really......Mom and Dad.....thank you. Well the first day I finished our semester project and proceeded to torment my "classmates" who hated a 12 year old being in the same class....so I took a vertex magneto and hooked the leads to the table, and the other end to a drill, I sat under spinning it up every time some dipshit touched the metal work table....the professor "Mr. Bliss" saw the whole thing, and by the time the "genius" college kids "figured" out the problem, an apparent short in the junction boxes on the table, I heard for the first time "WERTMAN STOP IT !" ..... that was the first 3 days.... He "The Bilster" later years taught me Drafting. When he saw my name on the list and I said "Mr BLISS" he said "Oh GOD WERTMAN !" without ever looking at me....lol

I made some good friends there, Josh Rau in advanced Biology the smartest person I ever met, he was 10, went on to do either particle physics, or quantum mechanics, and burnt out by the time he was 18 and decided to "Follow the Dead man"....but hes 34 and HAPPY so whos to judge.

And many others....it was an "experience"

Today I reflected on what next after 5 or 6 national records I see within our grasp.

But.....

FIRE FIRE FIRE.......the shouts from across the shop, nothing but a rag, Our FI guru was welding some black iron and caught a rag he was under helmet and well, cant say I havent done it 321 times......he was making a sled....for ATLANTA....the weather is crazy here.

5)My mind as it always does is turning, what next ? Well, I think.....maybe , just MAYBE....something I can build and drive, or ride in this case....

When I told the "Old Man" the mechanics, he laughed, not a yeah right laugh but an "EVIL" laugh....Land Speed on a Motorcycle, non aero....15 cyliders.....yes really....easy with our idea it will be a 15 sylinder staggered radial design, much like the WWII bombers. well....Drag racing people could care less....so I wont bore you with details, but...............

Land speed in 2011 on a Motorcycle (non streamiliner....streamliners are for fairys) well......what harm can it do ? Its not like I havent been off a bike before at equal or slightly lesser speed....now some of those may have required 2000 stitches, 3 skull fractures and some recovery time...

My "girlfiend" at the time a PHD in Criminal Justince and Philosophy (I think she choose those becuase she had more nuts in her head than an almond Joy) well, I told her, Ill never be ona bike again dont worry.....she said....probably the only accurate and poingiont thing she ever did " If you dont have a bike youll be miserable"

Thanks to my Stepdad I simply have to go pick up a real vintage 200 mile rocket....when I end up PA way....he flipped it in 73-4 and never rode it again, he has in his generous way given it to me.

But I MISS bikes.........

I really MISS my bikes.....

When I was 18 my dad called and in his smart ass way said "Ive got a birthday present for you" ?!?!? I couldnt IMAGINE, A new Car, ? What ? "Get your bikes out of my GARAGE ! All 13 of them"

Happy Birthday.....lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment