Friday, February 26, 2010

Feb 26th Friday....and Running like a scalded cat.

Well shes back in full running form today.

Testing tommorow if I can get some last minute chassis items "redone" that were "wrong" or unfinished, about 2 hrs in the AM I think, leave Atl by 11, at Commerce by 12, running by 1 get, 3-6 passes in and get her wrung out....thats the plan.

The only thing holding us up is me....I thought I would have more time with the car today, but I didnt so at about 1, we called it a night, the old man worked on some final brake bulkhead brackets and other items, I worked on Oil accumulator AN and flex line plumbing.

Brakes are bled out feeling GOOD,

Summit is pissing me off, I am going to check every single item I buy there AT the counter, wrong damm proportioning valve, BAH ! couldnt hook it up.....well not tonight, I was told dont worry about using one with the calipers Im running all around by Mike P, since hes built a few of these I think I will listen :)

A NOTE, we had some "issues" on the Dyno today, very real, very stange, very stupid answer.

Our idle kept climbing after every run ever so slightly, so Vacum leak sounded logical, it wasnt, we checked, rechecked, and nada, even went so far as to put new gaskets (the OEM elastomeric type) on the manifold, nada same result, the whole time the TPS (throttle position sensor kept reading good) a check of the idle air valve showed the appropriate behavior.

Then one of the guys noticed the secondaries were ever so slightly open.

There is a set screw (and secondaries arent on the TPS) that when open the screw would vibrate down and hold them open, more and more after every run......a little blue loctite problem solved, do yourself a favor and put some on it and the idle screw PRIOR to running.....

Nothing else but clean pulls on the Dyno, the way it should be, mapping went well, no spark issues, the hotter igniters are handling my stupid gap (a wee bit big :) I didnt tell the EFI guys what I gapped em to, I went a bit over the "reccomended" gap and I figured if we had problems at ALL I would tell them to halt and I would regap, but well....bigger is better and since we can jump it clean....Ill take it.

We had a bit of a crowd in the complex we were in, a LOT of camera flashing and phones snapping video, it will be interesting to see if any surfaces on youtube.

Art Leong gave me a heads up on some good plugs and I already forgot the damm brand, they were an "off brand" but a racing plug all the way.....

This motor takes some "juice" to turn over time and time again, a second battery is in order I think once I get a final weight wet tommorow with the 3 extra quarts for the accumulator and some other items. A charge between rounds will suffice but, well, I want to be able to hotlap ad naseum.

Dont tell dad, "Get a good one" unless you mean it.....he came back with a battery charger that I swear will double as an Arc welder, I hope or generator can power it ..... I knew it was going to happen, on this Im glad it did, I have no questions about the quality or capability of our charger.

Early morning, Lowes to get a longer 1/2 in brass nipple for the accumulator, and get that wrapped up and well.......pack up load out and off to the track.....

Cheers until tommorow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment