Monday, February 1, 2010

Feb 1....Blog from the road

Well we saddled out tonight at about 9:30....long and fairly unproductive day for us at least.

More running that anything, a 3 hr fuel run to and from VP for our "Mojo Juuse" , as well as some other running, me trying to find something that I have realized about this area of Georgia.....they dont have CRAP here in as much as fittings and places that do have the fittings, maybe in Atlanta proper, but wow...not out here. I was suprised, nearly every "Auto Parts" store clerk , and not the chains, but Napa, and some others that were met with blank looks... uhhh.hh...... I mean I get some of that at home but, wow....then again I frequent places at home where I dont get that look, rather places like Workmans Napa, where I can walk in with a wheel cylinder off a 39 Chrysler Royal Winsor (yes Royal Windsor, not Royal not Windsor, they were made specifically for the NY / Pa market ?) And say Jim, what can you do, and by lunch Ive got rebuild kits sitting back on the counter.

Frustration.....had I known this I WOULD have called someone down this way who offered to help in regards to some things, parts....duh...

But were back on the road , old man is driving for now, Im beat.

Car is all ready for a start when the last of the harness gets completed tommorow, and the trans computer is wired in.

So, back down Thursday....and fire, dial and head to testing.

Im tired, it will seem anticlimactic, unless we blow something up (thats not a good ending) or we set some records.....I think we will after Gainesville, when our 5.7 is in and weve really wrung chassis items out and found the best ratios etc.

This now is where we depart completley from the "others" we did certain things as a basline as "known quanitites" as in headers TTI, Converter ATI, etc......now were on our own.

Im going to do this car so a monkey can set a record in it.....those monkeys would be us.. :) And I am thinking, after Gainesville we may just beat to see how many records we can set, while our driver only concentrates on Nationals, we do some record banging at Divisionals....

We , me and the old man have 1 run at this, were gonna make it RIGHT for US, HAVING Fun is a goal........not for others, for me, the engine and something that can run like a scalded cat with a firecracker up its ass....the other DP owners we will share what we learned freely to make them just as competitive, if they share with us, or have, and most have, there are only about 3 exceptions, and I dont worry about them, I understand their position, I have been there myself, Im just not this time so........Itll be fun, there are a couple guys out there that dont need the "Collective" learning some of us are doing, like Caughlin, hes got his own team/money and brains on it.....cool. I think Jeggie is gonna be awful disappointed with something on his car after Pomona, and Im not the only one that thinks so............So he made a mistake or someone he listened to, it will be corrected In short order Im sure. But there are a few others maybe 1 or 2.....I cant wait to run them when we get REALLY dialed in, not first outing, but 3 or 4 events down the road.....thats gonna be fun....

There was some discussion over at Class Racer, I think, and still do the ENGINE is capable of pushing this car to an 8.99...There is no reason not , with a 6.1 at max overbore thats 383 ci (I love the fact that it comes out to that) Cryo treated engine components, driveline, good valves in it, a fuel system that can handle hyperaccurate delivery, and every coating, friction saving technique and item that can be thrown at this engine. I think it can be done, apparently Mike Roth thinks Im insane or yanking his chain or as he said "You have no idea of what it takes" Thats the same underestimation I hope from all our competitors. Well we do know EXACTLY what it takes, and unlike other people who just say that WE are WILLING to do it, is it the easy road no, but "It takes what it takes"

The Nav says 10 hrs till home, yeah right, I believe her when I start beleiving my ex wives.

No comments:

Post a Comment