Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thursday Feb 4th 2010

Well, were out on the road on our way to Atlanta, our load out and forgotten items run took a hair longer than expected.

But well be in Atlanta tommorow around 10am rested and raring to go....

We now have a car that will run, everything is in place now its just a matter of making it stop....

I have to finish the brakes tommorow....good thing I was a plumber :) Should be an easy one, yeah right something will go wrong and well have to "improvise" but thats ok, not like were not used to it.....people often ask, how did you think of that, or the like my answer is usually its because I come from a long line of people who never have the right tools for a given job....the things Ive done to tools and with the "wrong" tools.....makes me shudder.

But the drive has been good other than the old mans driving, but its not near as scarry as either X wife,....

Had a good day Tuesday and Yesterday with the kids, I miss them horrible, they had been out of town for much of Dec and Jan so ..... well I wasnt able to see them, now that everything is "normal" again , well I am out of town. BUT Come this summer.......Ill be toting them around, they are the ONLY thing Ive ever done, or ever will do that actually matters. And that I have done right. I am immortal if they are loved. THAT Will be my legacy , the love for my children and the time I spend here with them.

Coughlin ran out tonight at Vegas.....I heard he didnt do so well......but what has me thinking is IS he Running the BS3 with the external crank trigger ? Not that that would make him slow, but its a bit of an untested system, with the Hemi, I shouldnt say untested with the 3rd gen hemi, but Unproven is a better word.

I had somone mention Irv Johns car and for our "baseline" items we copied most of his stuff, ratios runout, converter, and headers, so we have a "know quantity" to fall to on those items. The headers, well I think ours are better so well try em, if we fall on our faces with them I have the TTI as a "know quantity" backup. But they also mentioned his "tuner" and if ours was better.....I dont now, I think so, but I also think our system is better.........

Pomona wont tell that , it will take some wring out on the system AND the Combination of converter, headers, etc.....a lot on the chassis side, little on the motor.

I would LOVE to for our Main Sponsor to be able to snap a monster time out the first sanctioned pass.....I will be doing some of the driving in testing so dont expect it there, I will be playing the role of the "Challenger Whisperer" I need to feel the car, the motor, all of it, so I know how it is when its right and when its not......

My toes and my fingertips are the best mechanical diagnosis tools I have, car , well the toes are less important, and the palms less important, but the feel of everything will be interesting.

My dad says if I touch the car too much it will become obvious I need a woman in my life ? Why I would never let my girlfriend touch the car....sheeh pop....:)

Pomona is going to be tight, I am making contingencies with our driver for alternate testing on Sunday....In case the Texas weather sucks.

Right now here in Virginia it sucks....whats with all the snow down here , and colder than home ?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment