Friday, December 4, 2009

Dec 4th an Early day....


Well working till midnight 2 days in a row (or more accuratley 1:30) will take the wind out of your sails sometimes.
So we decided to call it an early day
So some supply running, tape, paint buckets and the like, as well as shipping some items to have them set up, like our rear chunk now that our spool and gears are in, as well as our Yukon case

So, a little bit of taping on the car, ok a lot, but still a lot to go for the interior and the engine comparment, trunk.

Tommorow. Tommorow Ill finish up the interior with the white sealer.

The undercarriage came out EXACTLY like I wanted it....so Im happy about that, the flattener i used apparently needs to be added at about twice the concentration it says. Chassis looks great, and got ou"reversed" diamond plate trunk firewall back from the folder, mike made a nice one but we wanted somethign with a little more POP, so until I can find someone with a bead roller to dress it up with a #24 the plate gets it, it weighs only 8 ounces more, I know but I loose 8 ounces somewhere else. The stuff is super thin (NHRA legal) but the thinnest alloy DP Ive seen, I only wish I would have bought more, Ive only got about 16ft of it left, and I lost the suppliers card. It was cheap....oh well...
Got news from our FI guys the car (our SRT8 the "Orange Peel") should be ready for a test run early next week.

Saw the pics of the test set up, and we're thrilled, 2 days and theyve prototyped a harness, decoded the crank and wheel signals and are coding the firmware, set up the DP manifold on a test car and get things ready in parralel....lets see another vendor move that fast for a customer (3 DAYS !) I am STUNNED , and thrilled, I think with our system we are really going to knock one out of the park. Much more flexible than any other system out there......and proven....and no I wont tell you what it is.....my secret......I already know it can do everything competing systems can an much much more. I am thrilled beyond belief. Kudos to all the guys working on this, and there are a bunch.
Tried to order some parts today, and well everyone as at PRI or on their way, I should say so......2:30 and we bailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment