Friday, December 18, 2009

Dec 18th....Day....I have no idea

Sorry no pics again today, 2 reasons, 1 I was pretty much too busy to take more than about 4, second, the car will be all back together and rolled out in the next day or so, so thats when Ill be able to take some good pics of all the cool things in place.

Apparently showering and personal hygene arent as important as people think...lol...Im JOKING, I just find it funny I now shower and shave, etc at night, my Grandfather a farmer and pipefitter did the same.....works well when at 9am youre already covered in compound.

Today FINALLY the Paint cleanup and buffing and rubbing is done. Engine Compartments and trunks are a BITCH. To not break an edge and I did good there is a skill, and an art....someone once asked me how I became such a good color sander .... the answer ? I Suck at painting, but in the end it all looks good :)

Jay busted his ass for 12 hours cleaning up my disaster :) These new buffing pads SUCK, they shed worse than a Saint Bernard in July. But Jay managed to keep a good pace cleaning it up. So first coarse compound, them wetter, remove all, polishing coumpound with high cut pad, remove clean, them Meguires #9 swirl mark remover, then #7 Show car glaze.....looking good.

I have buffers elbow.

But its stick a fork in it DONE ! HA.....

Rear diff , brake assy, battery box, fuel cell, fuel pump, measure for plumbing, mount tranny cooler, fan unit, and oil accumulator tommorow, sweet.........

I am thinking of doing this stuff for other DP owners who dont want to themselves, since Ive got it pretty much down now as to exactly what needs done.

Oh and if anyone is interested, I am having some extras made, a mount for the water pump shaft to mount a proform or moroso gilmer pulley. So f you want one, lemme know Ill sell em at cost. I just figured since I has having them machined Id get more than 1.

Well till tommorows installment......

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment