Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dec 10th....paint, plays and paint


Well...super busy day here, not all of it car related but all family related. Lets see......Shop, Supply House for Basement windows with the old man, drop off at contractor, he ran to get me some mortar and shutters while I prepped the engine compartment for clear, then shop, then dinner with the little ones, then a preshool Christmas skit they stuck like glue to Grandpa :) Then shop for some more paint.......

Its 8:30 and Im suiting up again....SATURDAY I get to sleep in past 8 !!!!! My mom says Ive aged 2 years in the last week, actually I think its losing weight and paint overspray on my face but hey....

The engine compartment is now DONE , done with paint.....I have to say its the first time I used a Gravity HVLP gun that worked Right, or maybe it was just one I could adjust right or maybe its the new compressor we installed at the shop about 6 months back...

Im not a fan of bc/cc for solid colors, too much potential for "flies" in the ointment, but BANGO, an entire engine comparment without so much as a dust bunnie, dust speck, or run.....Im happy, and proud...We all know what a pain painting an engine compartment RIGHT can be like, and damm Im happy, so is the old man, someone may have been able to do better but I dont see how, it flowed just right, gun just right, temp just right, all clean and all spot on. I only hope the trunk comes out as nice......It should be easier but well see......

Got a call today from DP owner #26 Larry Curtis about some things on the DP engines and Fuel Injection, were already on a different path, originally we were going to run the Big Stuff 3, and its still in the "backup plan" category as we are pretty far down the road with our other system.

The funny thing is the Big Stuff 3, great system, sharp guys, nothing bad to say, but it was actually them who accidentally sent me down "my own path" I got some pics of their system and they were running an external crank trigger !?!?! Well.....if thats the case then the sky is the limit as far as I was concerned....soooo.....thats the road I took, something else.......If their system would have read the stock trigger and cam wheel I would have bought it and never looked back, but since they were going external....the sky was the limit, whats funnier is the system we ended up going with can now read the trigger and cam wheel (it couldnt before we provided our SRT8 with the DP manifold as a test mule) but it can now.......

So, back to the paper bunny suit until I collapse, and its much easier to breathe now that I changed my respirator filters, no wonder the other ones were so expensive, they can handle just about everything including nerve gas, but they are a 4 stage and the paper honeycomb on the outside clogged up bad. Nothing like a filter change.

No comments:

Post a Comment