Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dec 27th.....Almost MONDAY







If you cant get a call through to anywhere on the planet monday its my fault, Ive got more calls to make than I care to....holidays.....bah.






Only a few hours at the shop today, the kids were over for the day so I didnt get started till 5 or so. Got the bulkhead connectors in....that was fun......ugh.......






Good thing Ive got one of those "AS SEEN ON TV" Dual saws.....I STRONGLY suggest that you put in your connectors and do the cutting before you paint......strongly. The Dual Saw makes great plunge cuts so it was a lifesaver, even on the .075 STEEL Plate....that Roush used as a heater delete, over 4 ounces for a 4x9 piece.....The whole diamon plate, rear brackets, and steel bolts weighs 6.8 .....

So I cleaned the shop a little after, one thing about a "Dual Saw" is it throws chunks of metal EVERYWHERE , and HOT, and BIG CHUNKS......cover everything in the car and especially the paint, I lucked out and no booboos....Wear full length welding gloves and a long sleeve shirt when using it......But it cuts a razors edge with NO and I mean absolutley 0 warpage.......its slick, dosent cut wood for crap, but I sawed a TR7 front nose off in about 5 minutes and cut out taillights and side markers off the same car qucker than I could changed a sawsall blade.....and NO warpage.......slick toy, I so want to chop and section a car with it. The nicest thing is the small radius of the blade, I can make a perfect 1 inch plunge cut anywere. The pic of the firewall in tape has 2 cuts in it already....:)

I didnt really have a choice because there was a screw up on my part with the connectors and they didnt get here till Saturday....I dont trust cutting off "templates" of a part Ive never seen, Im glad I didnt, they are Delphi WeatherPack bulkhead connectors 22pin....and well the hole from the print woulda been wrong. Or at least I read it wrong....but connectors in hand no issue.

So I cleaned the shop .... a little... dont want to set a bad precedeent, I know where everything is when its a mess. I can see it all :) I can never find crap anyway, so clean shop, messy shop, I know if it messy the tool I need is where I last used it and out in the open, when its clean, I gotta hunt drawers and shelves because EVERYONE seems determined to put stuff away different every time.
And I laid out the carpet to let it settle before tommorow when I cut it and install it.
Thats all for today...... Time with the kids was / is better than any time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment