Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dec 3rd, The Hemi Bunny Strikes....ok paints


Well, it was another long day of taping and painting here at New Hemi Racing.


We got a little goofy from the fumes and the old man made me a pair of ears for my paper suit....It was a good day all in all no issues....paint flowing like it should, covering like it should and no dust bunnies lurking.


There is a reason I hate painting, the prep work, I cannot stand so much as a speck in corners etc. When you see a beautiful car and its got dust bunnies lurking in the corners I start twitching.


So....lots of prep, cage is painted, I dont like the flattener we used, I wanted a semi-gloss and it didnt come out right, my fault, I should have sprayed a test panel, oh well, the color is good, the same gray as the interior panels. Sooo...it was on to the underside, I love that White undercoat urethane, wow, I shoulda just bought it in gray and used it.....it cures hard as nails, its smooth and the right semi-gloss I like, we almost left it white, but it will pick up too much track crap, so a light grey semi-gloss it went.


The trunk is sealed , and tommorow will be bc/cc on the trunk and engine compartment.


Monday re-assebly starts..


Please excuse my spelling, I really can spell, between my fingers sticking to the keyboard from uncured urethane and the fumes....this is adequate :)


My DAD spelled BUNNY Wrong on my suit......"Bunney".....what a great day though.


No comments:

Post a Comment