Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Dec 1st....paint and stuffs

Well the SRT8 was dropped off in with the DP Intake to have a harness made and the base fuel and spark maps for the DP startup. Very , very impressive facility and equiptment, and their dyno...wow ..... not a lameo wheel dyno....a REAL serious chassis dyno, a DynoPack....I was thrilled to see that I think most wheel dynos for drag cars are junk, thats my opinion , but well slippage and a whole lot of other factors make them mechanically unsuitable and unreliable for this type of testing. An engine dyno is good, very good....this I like nearly as much from what I saw for this type of testing (not on the SRT, but rather later this month on the DP with different headers, different coil configurations and a whole lot of other things only a dyno or the track will tell) with this system I dont have to wonder is it tire slippage, worry about it coming off the dyno, etc.

For entertainment sometime type Dyno accidents into youtube.......some funny and sad (for the cars) stuff, here is one of my favorites, only because Ive nearly done it.

So.....tommorow paint, probably take 2-3 days for me to do it all right. Im still trying to figure what prep I need to do to the cage (the moly tube) but Ill call Mike P tommorow and ask.

Just got back in town after a very nice plane ride from Atlanta, it took everything I had not to fall asleep on the plane, not that sleeping on a plane is a problem, I just try and shield the other passengers from my very loud snoring when I sleep sitting up....and my drooling that happens when I sleep sitting up....it all usually ends with an elbow in the ribs. But I made it :)

Tommorow will also be a FEW phone calls....for this that and the other. Trying to get all the details for our second motor ironed out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment