Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dec 19th...Before,During and After
















Ok, were on track again and then some.

Some , Before(at pickup), During (At MPR, the second pic) During (Scraping shit out at NHR), During (Base Coat at NHR), During (Buffing at NHR), and After (All assembed at NHR)

Well be wired and plumbed by Christmas, thats the beauty of doing it all yourself, NO Waiting on others schedules and if you want your schedule moved up you work harder, I am thrilled we had Mike at MPR do the cage and suspension, I am dissapointed I couldnt do as good a job in the time he did....envy :) But then all were wating for are headers and a driveshaft and were good for tuning and Dyno Runs. Well after we build our way slick alternator bracket and water pump mount. But well maybe on Christmas Ill do that. The family is all out of town and wont be back until a couple days after Christmas, which is good since I havent shopped, I dont have to I can wait until Saturday or Sunday and catch all the sales :) AND I can work on the DP on Christmas, to me, honestly thats the second best thing to spending it with Family, since thats not an option this year (we do every other with all the inlaws) well......
We made good progress today, rear end is together, parts are all waxed, lubed, torqued and ready for pop in tommorow. I decided to call it a day early at 9pm and send Jay home......lol...its funny when you ask your worker, you ok till, 6, then 8, then 9 and every step of the way its "Shit yeah, this is too much fun" Someone who "Gets it"

So we got the trunk all set up, battery box in, stuff mounted, seals on , taillights, vents, fastners, pistons installed so we can say goodbye to our broom handle prop rod, which did super duty as a rifle bore cleaner for the diff housing before assembly, the only thing left to mount is the fuse block and the really cool diamond plate (special super thin diamond plate...really) firewall.

Inside the trunk that is, other than the plumbing and wiring.

David, my dad and the cars owner (We have 2 of those as well, my sons name is Daivd) did monster duty running and tracking down all the items we needed, including "Racer Fuel" food and soda :) I thought about it , him and I think alike, hell he taught me how to "THINK" I cant tell you how many times people have said how the hell did you think of that, only to say "My dad taught me to improvise" not hack, improvise. We are scroungers and hes the king of em....so when I told him what I need I get it, hell drive to hell and back to get it, and today several runs for this that and the other and its all sitting there. I cant imagine, even fathom how someone could run or work a shop where everyone isnt mentally on the same page about things. Just the time spent tracking down and getting things has to account for over 50% of the total build, we find the right stuff local, now granted Summit Racing is local, but for bulding mount plates, for fastners, for paint supplies, well we dont use Summit for raw materials.....

For today (I dont want to spoil the suprise) just a single "Before and After" pic, now mind you the "

No comments:

Post a Comment