Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dec 24th....Christmas Eve......at the Shop.











Ok, I got a helper today, he fixed my dremmel, did some research on some retainers for another engine, painted my "frying pans" and crinkled em. Wow.....I need more elves...








Even though its Chritmas Eve....we decided a Tree was in order...So wire cutters in hand we went out front an took off some of the Shrubbery.....decorated it New Hemi style and even put a star on top...no cookies and milk here, 40 weight and a moon cap full of nuts and bolts in case Santa needs a check.


So mounting the panel today, and welding the quick release over the shaft, we had a slick coupler machined so it threaded in and well, I wasnt tearing the column down so about 1/4 inch of weld, quench it pack the column in wet rags, let it cool, and again, and again.....still easier than taking one of these columns down. And lets see some other useless interior stuff and setting up the shifter and thinks like that, dash is back in, wow that was fun with just me an a 12 year old, but he saddled up on the creeper and got the column alighned, couldnt have done it without him. Still cant decided what to do with the shifter mounting.......


Well......hes choking me out of the office with Krylon Wrinkle finish and a heatgun to thats all for tonight. And Aircraft remover on a Guitar......god help me......The SPONGEMONKEY invades NHR......

No comments:

Post a Comment