Monday, December 21, 2009

Dec 21 ... its monday ? wow HEMI ZOMBIES INVADE




















Im loosing track of days, I had to think what is today, I was up till 4 am last night and here at 10 am...I slept in on purpose....too much caffine and bad take out food I guess.



Im going to start with "Drag Pak Tips of the Day"
CHECK all your interior panels to make sure the clips are still on them and not in the body having come out when they were remove, we had 2 that wed have never gotten in had we not noticed and checked all of them (the push slot clips)

When installing the headliner cover the ground (or whatever it is) stud next to the "third" brakelight on the roof, otherwise you can put a nasty and nearly tragic scar into the headliner, because when you have to remove it to mount the "Courtesy light sunglass holder bracket" Have at least 2 prefferably 3 people, 1 inside the car, 2 outside at the back. AND , we didnt because were not running them , the visor brackets that go under the headliner. They weigh 2lbs 10oz in case youre curious....damm near 3 LBS ! Sorry dont need em.....I wouldnt run the courtesy console but I dont have anythign to put over it like a delete plate, I am going to keep an eye out for one however.

Dont forget to put the rear plastic in before you put the headliner is, just something I thought of because I dont see a way to put it in if you dont, maybe Im wrong havent tried.

Cover them in bubble wrap on the interior side so you can manhandle them without fear of screwing up the finish.

Magnetize a socket for the 3 screws that go into each panel, or gum it so it holds the screw, use a 1/4 drive ratchet with an extension it clears the cage nicer than a driver.
Put SHORT Studs in the engine where the mount bolts go, just long enough to bind a nut on, then you dont have to rock and line up the engine with the holes in the mount, if you have clearance problems with the pan grind 1/16 off the bottoms of the mounts it will clear nice then , ours had to be jacked out sidewaysish when we pulled it the first time.

We got the interior in today less carpet and seats but thats an hour maybe tommorow, the headliner was everything painful Mike said it was.....the rear door panels , well with 2 people pushing and 1 jockeying not so bad.
Thats all I can think about , obvious stuff but if you havent done it (and I hadnt until today) well things to watch out for......
And DONT DONT, no matter what...

Forget to add the appropriate "Mojo Joose" to parts you want to go mysteriously faster, its one part nitro, 2 parts naptha, a little mouse sweat and dandruff from G Gordon Liddy (if he isnt mysterious and spooky I dont know what is)......and well...some MOJO......apparently "Mojo Joose" or a secret dust some other racers must posess are the only thing that will get you going fast.....so we decided to do like we always do and brew our own.... :)

Had some good calls today, and some not so good ones, the not so good ones are on a part we want in the engine by the 30th, they may not get here till the 3rd, we may have to push testing out a week to 6th - 18th....I dont like that at all. I wanted to be testing on the 2nd. But I also want to make sure we are unlocking every bit of potential on the dyno and the track....soooo....Ill have to wait.

I am adding to this, I cut it off when I bounced from the shop but sitting on my Lazy Boy....its all different. Talked to a couple DP Owners today, very nice knowledgable guys, kinda in the same boat as us with while having lots of drag racing experience little class experience as many tell us is a whole new world of what were used to.....I would guess different, that different...not that I can see.....the rules are the rules and the goal is the goal to win.....
Our "strategy" is formalized as of today for the first part of the season, its a very long boring and detailed plan with what we plan to do when and how, what not to do and what to do to distract, what to do to forge the alliances we need and can benefit from us and the type of people and the charachter and their goals being in line with ours.

The HEMI Zombies are us....
Laughed our butts off today at the general stupidity of our own company, man was it good....work....not even close....Id pay someone to do this with the old man....(no ideas pop....)

My dad called after we left the shop at midnight and said I thought of something funny , I asked what, he said it really dosent matter what time we get there well be there at least 14 hours.....how true..........heeeemmmmmiiiiiiiissss.....more hemiiiiiiisssss.....sorry my hemi zombie moan....

No comments:

Post a Comment