Thursday, December 17, 2009

Dec 17th....Buffing cleanup and pinstripes...

Well, had a visitor to the shop today, a couple of people, 1 looking for work.....wish I could hire more elves for Santas workshop but.......

But the old man got lots of Goodies from Summit today, its so very nice to live 10 minutes from Summit....so so very nice...Line lock, accumulator, valving, tranny cooler, fuel regulator.....all kinfs of goodies.....Funny thing about "Racing" stuff is some of it is not only overkill but just plain dumb for looks. The accumulator brackets in alloy weigh about 3 times as much as their not so cool looking and 1/5 the price steel counterparts. Oh well, thats the beauty of living 10 minutes away......just take it back :)

More buffing today.....and detailing, no pics, today too busy , maybe tommorow. The rear diff will be back in and the old man can make more progress on the wiring. I am NEVER , ever again, buffing and polishing a trunk, after the brackets and bars are in, my back....ooooohhhhh my aching back.

My buddy Damon came over to pinstripe for us, he had laid out a couple of desigs but nothing struck either him or I once on the diff, so they came off.....we tried a Tiki type design on the pumkin and some just basic 50's striping but well....nothing "hit" us.....

Damon is "Old School" to the extreme....He thought the coolest car (other than the Challenger Drag Pak #24) is my 49 Plymouth 3 window coupe "Gasser" thats about 1/2 done :) He got more cool toys than any guys should be allowed to have, and they change on a weekly basis. Old school stuff, but if you ever need a set of Fenton or SoCal items, WWII Bomber parts, Model A stuff or REAL Vintage speed gear....hes got em.....and more....or a McClaren M8 or a Cuda, or a 450 hp BUG Motor ! When I went to take a look at his Van I noticed the "REAL" old school Hula girl on the dash....I want one on the Challenger...:) Ive know him 20+ Years and hes always been the same, a stand up guy you can depend on , 100% no bullshit....When I called him to ask if he wanted to go to Pomona with me a few months back for the Winternationals, he said SURE ! A day later he asked why we were going, and a day after that asked what was going on....thats a real friend, ask him to go on a 3000 mile roadtrip, he says yes dosent give it a seconds thought and dosent know or care why youre going......

Well, lots more to build, Jay will be back at work tommorow so hopefully we catch up some time.

Till next time......cheers and dont screw up my indexes until I get a chance to screw em up....

No comments:

Post a Comment