Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 5th 2010 Testing going good







Well we went 11.8, 11.5, 11.2, 10.8 all about 2.3 incrementally faster than the last pass.






We were very fat on AFR, this was intentional, as well as very low on shift points.






Then last pass the 10.8 well my dumb ass had the limiter set at the same speed as my new shift points, DUH, all on me thought, I had the limiter set to that for MY comfort on the Dyno and I dialed in new shift points, and it was stepping on the limiter all through 1st and 2nd, yeah big suprise.






Jerry and the DiyAutoTune guys were there doing their thing, and well, its working out well......

I am going to miss both Jerry and Russ at our other events, wonder if Jerry will sell, errr.....rent me Russ :) I am used to really doing everything in the pits just myself (usually the old man isnt there) when running myself and with my son, my son has the trailer load unload setup drill down pat, hes actually better at it than me now.


The Diy guys are setting us right where we want to be and recoring all the data, as well as in turn with our data to give us some very very valuable info when it comes to later changes, knocking 2.3 tenths off consistntly on every pass. The car and fuel system performed flawlessly, just a bit slower than expected AT first, it also got FASTER faster than I expected, so were eventually shooting 9.8 range with this setup/combo, and 10.5 for this weekend, well were almost there already.

The 5.7 is gonna be FUN !

My GOAL today was to get under 10.5 that was it.....well with 2 more passes (I thought we would get 6 in today) well we would have been there.

All in all GREAT day, my oil pressure is a little lower than I would like, but part of me dosent know if thats innacuracy in our gauge. It comes up nice on rev so Im not panicked yet....well see.

Got OUR LISCENCES ! (we had everything to do it we just thought wed get around to sending it in but well weve been busy) Bill Holt was gracious enough to square us away today and get everything taken car of for us, even our division 3 numbers for us
(the little blue pieces of paper in the pic)

3131 (Dad)
3132 (Me)
I call it "Idiot 1 and 2" kinda like Dr. Seuss Thing 1 and 2
So.......well......tommorow a more radical tune faster than expected, but well, weve very very very conservative with both tune and shift points. So.....well we just ran out of time.

We didnt start running until about 2.20 or so....

Met some GREAT, well, all great people, and they really helped guide us through the drill as it were, this that, tech paperwork you name it, and the GOOD kind of help and advice that is honest and from the heart, not the "I know this" help but real honest desire to help for helps sake.
I may have to fly home tommorow, David, my son is back in the hospital, his kidneys arent working as a result of the antivirals theyre giving him because of his chicken pox....welll see,, blood came back good tonight, so it dosent look like a toxic affect, rather probably it (this drug) can crystalized temporarily in the kidneys, what really concerns me is he isnt on it now, so well he still has the herpes zoster(chicken pox) virus running around in him unchecked.
I got that phone call 3 minutes before my first pass, really helps with concentration....ok not really....

He called and I had my phone on me by accident last pass, I was talking to him when I grabbed my slip...lol...

But got to meet some people in person, too many to list I have enjoyed chatting with both on the phone and on class racer.

Thanks to Stewart Way as well for stopping by and helping us with the "Drill" to say well.....the stuff here is a bit different than bracket bombing.....

Great day....

Tommorow the old man gets to drive, were really using the event as a combo "dry run" and continued testing, its going good.
When I went to go through and upload the days pics I saw a thumbnail of someone laying down, I thought what the hell....then I saw the pic....lol.....I told my dad now "THATS Funny !"
Had a very enjoyable dinner out with Art Leong and I realized how much of a self imposed exile Ive been in since we started the build, since the car build started I havent had a meal with anyone outside our vendors or people helping on the build.

Which takes me to my next conclusion, I need a girlfriend....lol.......well eventually, if she can turn a wrech and isnt so ugly she comes with anti-naseau medication that would be a plus, if she can stand staying at Howard Johnsons, and Days inns.....has all her teeth and dosent have a nervous "twitch" then she gets added points ..... If she can put up with me more than 3 months, hell Id probably marry her.....ok nevermind, tried that with wives 1 and 2......oh well....

No comments:

Post a Comment