Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 4th, tired grumpy , locked and loaded


Ok, not the first day, but only about the 3rd in the build me and the old man got grumpy with each other, were tired.


All is well now, were locked loaded and waiting for the gates to open for T&T on Thursday


My last "I wanna KILL Someone at Roush" day, the damm Dzus fastner brackets location sucks. Period, I managed to drill about 4 rivets below out drilling for my top rivets. they could have angled the spring clip but...noooooo .


All things apparently well in car land,


ESPECIALLY thanks to DiyAutoTune, and their (? dono his title) Russ......Russ is an animal on working on the car, hes an experience Toyota mecahnic that knows his stuff, well......If Russ touches something, I dont give it another thought, he is thorough, he tests and he dosent accept marginal, none of the Diy guys do, I love it.....He helped us wrap up some items in our arena like relocating the trans computer to somewhere I liked better.


All things buttoned up wrapped up, new alternator, (higher amp) water temp and oil pressure senders for our secondary / aux gauges. Oil accumulator working as expected. (these were "add ons" by me)


Batteries charged, trailer loaded (sort of that the NEXT disaster I get to sort out over the next 2-3 days.


Sitting in the hotel before 9, good day all in all...except the grumpiness, it will pass.


Handled all our licencing "last minute" with the NHRA, they were great. And even called us back to make sure we got everything handled with other people at other div and such, very cool.


So until tommorow....Looks like ill get to rebuild the carb on the generator at some juncture tommorow after testing, maybe in the hotel room....


Vrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm


Time to stretch her legs a bit....ok a LOT :)


No comments:

Post a Comment