Friday, March 19, 2010

Mar 19th...Dropped off the FACE OF THE EARTH ?

Ok I was talking to someone today and they asked if I "dropped off the face of the earth" I laughed but then remebered well, I hadnt posted a blog in a couple days,

Heres whats been going on, all good.

Sitting around waiting for all the motor pieces parts for 2 builds and part of a 3rd to come in, the last parts got here today about 2 hrs before I was expected at the Cryo.

My son had (as in past tense now) had kidney problems, so Ive been on phones and back and forth to the lab and what a crazy time, but all is good now it had to do with the antiviral they gave him for his POX...but all good.

Then lets see, I ran to PA on ? Monday I think or Tuesday and picked up a Motorcycle, that we are going to restore and use as a pit bike and for him to enjoy a 74 Yammy 175 with just about no miles, needs only a light costmetic restoration , which will in our case will mean a full restoration with maximum overkill :)

Then, lets see, lots of phone time on "issues" some issues which may be the cause of some of the things I have seen in these motors, odd, but it makes perfect sense, and it was something that well I havent paid attention to. I will and if what Im hearing is in fact true. I will post it when I confirm it. Unfortunatley there isnt a solution for it at the moment, but well...soon.

But all goodies to Cryo, done sunday coatings monday and tuesday, assebly following.

Still need to run to VA and pickup the trailer and car.....but well thatll take a day.

Hmmmm.....nothing else exciting I guess

I will have a 66 Triumph Bonny for sale soon, all original except it was repainted in the 70's Nifty piece not molested, havent decided on a price, may just Ebay it, also a 77 Yammy 650 Special original condition low miles.....

Stewart Way shared some A1 info on Melling Oil pumps and Part Numbers.

Here is what he said
"Chris
On the oil pump we talked about, try Melling #10342. Says it is a std pressure pump but adjustable pressure with spring change made easy with screw in plug rather than the press plug and pin. They also carry different pumps for the 5.7 and 6.1. The 5.7 is M342 and the 6.1 is M362."


Ross, supposedly has now an APPROVED 6.1 Piston ! Yahhhhhhhh
As well Mahle may !

The timing sets from Indy now come with a bearing plate for what I assume is the Cam gear, its not on the instructions. Lol....I only briefly looked at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment