Friday, March 12, 2010

Mar 12th IM BLIND !

Ok well only in 1 eye...Ok so only partially in 1 eye and temporary.

I have "flash burn" and yeah its the first time (well 2nd) but well, sometimes you just cant wear a helmet, the truth is I think I got a chunk of metal in there somewhere in the eyelid, its too swollen for flashburn Ive had that, but when the Dr heard I was welding, that was enough ?

I was welding blind under my truck so how I "burn" only 1 eye ? I have no idea especially when the tub looked like I was covered in powdered metal after I got home. I think some got in my eye from ? My hair or something. BIG Sharp chucks come off the dual saw I love so much.

Ordered coatings for some things today and clarifyied other coatings were going to be using , 350k PSI on one ! Thats like a diamond, well hence DLC, Diamond Like Coating I guess.

Other parts came in today for the builds, all good. Now Im only rocker shafts (intake) short of the builds and those wil be here Monday.

ORIGINALLY we had talked about a fast 5.7 build to make Charlotte, but well, Im doing it MY WAY Dammit, and Im really looking forward to that. I will have NO ONE to blame but myself if this engine isnt a World Record Holder across 3 classes, and if that sounds far fetched ? Well look at the classification guide for the 5.7 and the Blueprint guide., I didnt write it IM just running it. I and manu other think the 5.7 without overbore is good into the 9.85 realm. The 5.7 has a "secret" only a few know about that makes it more potent than the 6.1 DP Motors, found by Larry Curtis of Minnesota.

So, tommorow ? Well I get a "night out" in the "Wild" off my 4 wheel leash of racing :) Should be fun.

Tommorow and Sunday Im doing some re-org at the shop to a) make the DP finish for Houston faster b)Get ready for the SS/GT of my 72 Challenger.

My flipping eye is killing me.

But I would miss any race any time to have the fun I had with my son today at School, it was Dr. Suess Dad and Me day....so I hung with him doing all kinds of crafts and reading at the school (hes in Kindergarten) and when my mom picked him up from his "Zoo Friends" program after school, the first thing he said was "Today was the BEST Day Ever" those dont come along often. I had planned on either flying or driving home for it and next time there is something like that I wont even wonder if he really wants or needs me there.

I am thinking the whole being single thing is getting old, but with a schedule like mine, well....not much choice. The russian mail order bride thing is looking better, MAYBE if Im LUCKY I can find one who is a MIG or Tank Mechanic :) Can cook, likes to drive trucks towing a racecar, speaks NO english and never wants to learn (so she cant nag me) and lets see....Mows grass, and paints window trim , yeah......lets see what do I have to offer...........ok not a very good deal even for someone just wanting a green card....damm. I need to work on getting a life.......Nah....just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment