Sunday, March 21, 2010

March 21 2010, Bikes, Baseballs and Liquid Nitrogen

Ok well my daugher Boo had her Birthday party here, it was nice, a perfect day, a little busy and hectic as an understatment but good.

Some assembly required my BUTT, her new Bike (she needed a "Big Girl Bike") I should have had WalMart put it together wow, I even had to put the Brake shoes on the Calipers, I figured it would be throw the rims and handle bars on, not even close, it reminded me of a Model.....

But Barbies, Bicycle, Baseball mit and glove and bat, (Her brother got a set of those too) and a movie. It was a "Perfect" day....

My son played Baseball with his Great Aunt, hes a heck of an athlete at 4, I never had any "sport" type talent, he can hit more balls than I can ! Kids got a great eye.

That was yesterday.

This morning the Kids went with their Mom.

Today, well I went to my buddy Damons and helped overhaul some camera shutters and wow, what a set of glass, I mean really nice Gundlach Radar lens....PERFECT Glass on a beast of a large format (8x10in film) And a couple others, and I got to see his mom, thats been a while (like 20 years a while) and his new Galpal. But we hung out and did the things that we do.....looked at tuning up his McClaren M8 Copy (car) Arlen Vanke built the engine and it has about 1000 miles on it since 1978 ish.....what a beast, the car will do donughts at 65, CRAZY Machine, tube frame, just a gorgeous machine, Id love to have it, NOT a "Kit" car but a real McClaren M8 Copy for RACING, Not street legal or titled, but well, now it is. Hes driven it on the road twice and he said both times almost needed a shorts change. But it needs a GOOD Tuneup and ignition conversion, its a "reverse" run engine and well...a real bear to time because of the near impossibility to see the balancer. It needs a new battery, on this car a honest DAY Job, Headers have to come out, Fuel Cell (its got a "Self Sealing" fuel cell, like a WWII Fighter Plane !) I told him all it needs are Shark Teeth and its READY for "DeathRace 2000"....

Stopped by my Cousin Eddy's and shot some pics of his Triumph Bonny,

He has a New Old Stock Borg Warner Super T-10 he wants to sell, I need to run numbers and see what its supposed to go in. If you know someone looking for a NOS ST-10 drop me a line. Hung out and good to see him, it always is.

Then went off to Wooster to pick up the Engine (the 5.7) I had Cryo Treated, next is going to Jim Baileys place but he was out of town and so, we found an "alternative" I wasnt sure about their expereince with some items but Jim said her work was ok mainly industrial but her process sound. So.....Ill feel much better having Jim do the 6.1.

Then HOME (After dropping all the "Goodies" off at the Shop) and finish fixing and reloading my computer, it feels so good not to have that "netbook" I thought was a good idea , that was a BAD idea, too damm small, bad keyboard.....bah....I did like the 9 hour battery life however.

No comments:

Post a Comment