Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Update on Rocker Arm specs

Thanks to another Drag Pak owner, I just learned (and verified on the NHRA site) that the 2009 and 2010 blueprint specs for rocker arm ratio on the 5.7, and 6.1 are now finally correct at 1.65 And the dome height on the 6.1 is now .142 and deck clearance is now .135AB, while the 5.7 dome height is still at .204, and deck clearance is still .000, and both the 5.7 and 6.1 now show cam lift as 602/569

Curiously, in the 2010 spec, at this point the 392 still shows the rocker arm ratio as 1.60 in the spec, and to my understanding they are the same rocker arms. So, what's up with that? We need to get this fixed too, since we will probably see a few more of these on the track.

Fortunately, Peter got me the information today, since I had already put it on my calendar to call Chrysler tomorrow. Good timing my friend!

It really does help us all to communicate about we learn. Don't assume that everyone knows, just pass it on, and we will all be better informed.

My personal thanks to Peter, and to all of the other Drag Pak owners who so kindly share information with each other. And as always, if you ask that I not share the info with others, I will respect that.

The Secret Squirrel Club is now open and operating, (it has been for some time..) and only members who contribute have access to the massive stores of info inside. muwahhhhaaaa or some other form of an insidious evil laugh......

David

No comments:

Post a Comment