Sunday, December 5, 2010

Switch for windows

The switch information that I promised a while back, is now here...Hurray!!!!

Lots of snow around here in Ohio, so in case you were wondering if I took the throttle cable back to Summit today, well nooooooooooooooo......... I didn't even go out today. But I am getting some needed things done around the house...I used to do so much travleing and spending time at a certain lady's house, that I never got got some things done since I moved into my house last year. And Chris was going to help me with a lot of it, but that is what it is.. And I would rather have him here just to talk.......And now, sadly that I don't see that particular lady any longer, I now have lots more time to finish my house. OK, no more drama here on the blog.

Back to the switch:

Manufacturer: LKG Industries
Brand: Philmore
Reversing Toggle Switch
DPDT (ON) OFF (ON)
.250" Quick connect Terminal
21A - 14V

The switch connections are simple enough.

There are six connectors on each switch. The two outside connectors on one end go to the window motor. And the other two connectors on the other end, also go to the window motor.

The magic happens when you connect the positive (12 or 16 volts) to the one center lug, and the ground to the other center lug.

So, when you push the switch one way, you send positive on one side (let's call it the left side) , and ground to the other side, but when the switch goes the other way, it send ground to the left side, and positive voltage to the right side, therefore reversing the motor. And the best part is that when you let go of the sqitch, it goes back to a neutral position and doesn't burn out the motor if you forget to reset it manually.

A wiring diagram isn't really needed, all you need to userstand, is that if pushing the switch forward puts the window down, then you need to reverse the two centerlugs. That will revese both sides of the switch.










Then as you can see the switches fit right into the stock locations, and all you have to do is take out the circuit board with the original switches, and put the new switches into the holes.

If you really would like a wiring diagram, just let me know.

Have a good day!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment