Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful....

Oh, where to start......

I am thankful for:

Life!

Having a loving, encouraging mother.

For a loving son, Christopher.

For three beautiful GrandChildren.

For laughter and smiles, and kind words.

For the Sun and the Moon , and clouds, and the air....

That when I got cancer, God saw to it, that it was a cancer that paid me, (Mesothelioma) allowing me to give to others, making their lives better.

And although I am now broke, I am still thankful that I could do what I have done! I wouldn't take any of it back.

And I am expecially thankful that I had more than a year of dedicated time with Christopher as we built Drag Pak #24.

That even when we disagreed vehemently, we both alwys knew that the other loved him dearly.

That the plans and dreams we shared about the car, into which we put so much of both of us, have finally begun to be realized.

That I now am finally edging towards closure on his loss. And while some people would say, get over it, they just don't get the need to finish things... It is my way of keeping him closer to me, for this time. And part of my grieving process.

The freedoms that we had in this country, and hope to regain sooner, rather than later.

And most of all, that God has Graced me with Salvation, and Eternal life through His Son, Jesus Christ!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment