Sunday, November 21, 2010

More ramblings and odd thoughts....

I recently spent a bit of time rereading the blogs that Chris had created and found myself loving him more and missing him even more than I thought possible. It has been a quiet and sad weekend, but Monday will bring a new week and a whole new chance get busy enough to be less sad.

Another thought, less personal and probably of wider interest, is that it has just occurred to me why the Dodge Challenger Drag Paks are badged R/T when R/Ts don't even come with 6.1 engine, but the SRT does. And the RT is not the top of the line car in the line, the SRT is. So why isn't the Drag Pak badged SRT?

But while wearing my SRT hat for the first time in a while, (it is a black baseball style hat that has a shiny silver emblem across the top front that says SRT) the meaning of it came to me. SRT is and has always meant Street/Road/Track. And guess what that means? It goes to cars that can run on the street. RT means Road/Track. And since the Drag Paks can not be driven on the street, no VIN number and I had to sign an agreement that said I would not try to license it for the street, you can forget the SRT, the Drag Pak is clearly RT only.

Not exactly a life altering observation, and probably not even a question for most, but it was a curiosity for me every time I looked at the front a Drag Pak Challenger and saw the RT badging. So now I have an acceptable answer and can puzzle over other issues.

Another question that some may have asked... Why do so many on Classracer.com hate Dodge Drag Pak cars? Simple. It is jealousy. If they could have gotten one they would have, and then they would be lovers and not haters.

Not much today, but stop back tomorrow, I may have other thoughts that are even more worth reading. I am working on a new hood attaching scheme that will be easier to operate and far more secure than the dozen Dsuz fasteners of the past.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment