Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Doesn't anyone trust anyone any more?

After doing pretty good, and winning a little bit, on our cross country tour, I returned home looking forward to receiving a few checks as reward for our efforts......

To be fair, a couple of checks have come in... Nothing much, but a few folks did as they said, and the checks came in. Comp Cams, and Mopar are among those who sent the checks before I even got back.

But in as many cases, rather than a check, I got a request for a receipt to prove my purchase, or a questionnaire to fill out before any money flows my way.

It would be easy to say that I understand... And just go quietly into the night...

But not so fast Batman!

I am a bit tired and pretty cranky today, so I will pitch a bit of attitude.

For internal engine parts; I won't say which ones, but they are things that go into the block, they don't know if I bought them or not? Wait a minute! I bought them directly from the company! And if their record keeping isn't sufficient, they expect mine to be??? You got to be kidding. I couldn't find my backside with two hands around here after being away for nearly two months. And for other parts, they wouldn't let me buy direct, I bought through an authorized sales agent. And they don't seem to have figured that out yet, although we had at least four phone calls over it, and they even ended up drop shipping to me.

And then, there are those parts bought as part of the service performed. For example, I had the head work done by a very reputable shop, and the parts were all lumped into the total price. Now I must go back to them, and ask for a breakdown of costs specifically delineating the "parts".

And then there are those who haven't done anything. No check, no "atta boy", no questionnaire or advertising release. Nothing!

Maybe I have to wait until the end of another month. Or maybe, as I have been told, I will have to call some of them, and ask "What's up?"

Racing is hard enough if you lose. And we have had our share of losses, and other disappointment, like broken parts, etc.

But when you win, it should be all peaches and cream. A rainbow should show, and the sun shine brightly. And you ought to get paid in a timely basis, for winning.

Oh, an exception: When we won class at Noble Oklahoma, they immediately gave us a check!

So I guess it isn't the whole world conspiring against us. It is just some lazy vendors who need to get their act together, and put their money where mouth is.

And for you building cars with any expectation of winning and getting paid. Be sure to save every scrap of paper and receipt, you are going to need them. And insist that any vendors who do work, specifically include the parts receipts, or some facsimile on the bill.

So, why isn't life easy anymore?

It never really was!

And it won't be. So I guess I just gotta get over it.

And why don't people trust people anymore?

Because people aren't trustworthy!

And although I would like to think that I am a very special case, and that they should know who I am, know that I am trustworthy, and just trust me.

Well, it appears that just ain't happening either...

Now, where are those stacks of piles of papers, that I need to start sorting through for receipts?

David

No comments:

Post a Comment