Friday, December 9, 2011

Innovations list...

I have repeatedly said that Drag Pak #24, the Mega Maniac has more innovations than any other Drag Pak. Well, the list is pretty well complete now, although I am sure that when I talk to Keith again, he will be able to add one or two more, but the number is well over 40.

I had previously said that I would post the list here, after redacting (a political term for hiding things I don't want anyone else to know) the Secret Squirrel items.

But frankly, I am finding so many things on the list, that really are Secret Squirrel items, and so many others that simply are the things that give us our edge. So, I just can't do it. At this time.

If this list were public, and people realized how different my car is from all of the others, I am sure that we would be awarded the "Best Engineered" award.

Even members of the Drag Pak #24 Secret Squirrel Club are not able to implement all of these innovations. However they are able to benefit  from quite a few of these of them.

You might ask why they can't implement all of these changes. And that would be a pretty good question. I am impressed that you are so insightful!

Drag Pak cars are built by several different chassis builders. The is the original one, Mike Pustelney at MPR Race Cars did the prototypes for Chysler (and for Ford with Mustangs, and also now for GM with the COPO Camaro) and there are other less well known chassis builders.

So the Drag Pak cars, although they all have to "fit the mold" of a Drag Pak as approved by the NHRA are not all the same.

So, some of our innovations simply won't fit on some Drag Pak cars. Does that mean they don't need them, you ask? No. It just means that someone who has a 727 transmission can not do exactly what we have done in my 904. And if someone's chassis is not set up exactly the same as mine, those innovations would not necessarily apply.

So, you ask, is there something Secret Squirrel about your 904, and your chassis?

Yes, I answer emphatically! But I am not telling you.

More later after the Division 3 Banquet/awards ceremony.

God Bless, and Race Safely

David

2 comments:

  1. You are your biggest fan aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not really. I have a great number of fans who are far more enthusiastic than I am. But based on your comment, show me your list of innovations, and maybe then I care a little bit about what you think.

    ReplyDelete