Sunday, October 23, 2011

On the way to Las Vegas

Well, actually I leave tomorrow morning, so I thought I would post tonight. I actually don't think I will be posting again until I am in Las Vegas in a couple of days.

I stopped by the Summit Racing store nearby yesterday, and found something interesting.

I found a metal, beautifully Chromed pair of valve covers. I think they will look great on the Mega Maniac. But it is possible that they wont fit those Drag Pak heads. And if that is true, so be it.

I am in the process of putting a 5.7 Hemi engine together for a project that Chris, his son David, and I started before we even got the Drag Pak.

The car is 1968 Pontiac Lemans convertible. Chris and I had built a supercharged 454 Chevy engine for the car, but we sold that when we knew we wouldn't be getting back to this car for a while...

So why not put a 5.7 Hemi in the 1968 Lemans? Chris was going to put one in his 72 Challenger, and put dual turbo chargers on it. I always thought that was a good idea, and so that may be the way I go on the GTO clone Lemans.

So, if the chrome valve covers don't fit the Drag Pak, they will look just fine... well actually real fine on the 5.7 in that car.

Las Vegas, here I come... again.. Can't wait to get down to Fremont Street for the light show on the ceiling and Queen tribute.... Always a good time hearing several thousand people singing "We will, We will...Rock You!" at the top of their lungs.

And I can hardly wait to accomplish what we need to accomplish at the track. We currently are tied for first in the National Stock Automatic Class Championship race. And the way I calculate things, we hold a whole lot of the tie breakers, and if we can nail down one last one, that should clinch it, and then we are the Kings.

Like all things in racing, it isn't done, until it is done. So please root for us.

God Bless, and Race Safely!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment