Monday, October 10, 2011

Another Broken Trailer Axle.....

Last year, we managed to break a trailer axle in Wytheville, Virginia, and got totally ripped off by Complete Truck and Trailer.

They did a crappy job, charged too much, and didn't even hook the trailer brakes up on the new axle. And I hate getting ripped off.

So now, as the car is on it's way to the Phoenix National races, in Arizona, the other axle broke. 

I got the trailer at a good price just before we took delivery of the car. Around $4000, and I have spent an amount equal to what I paid for the trailer, in getting it refurbed and the new axle in Va. 

I feel badly that I didn't make this part of the trip with Keith. But I have confidence that he will get it back on the road, before the race this coming weekend. He is probably only a few hours from the track. So he has a couple of days to get something done. We talked today, and have a couple of options, some good, some not, but still have a little time, so we can only hope.

So the real question is, can we get an axle that fits well enough, that will get the car to Phoenix, and on to Las Vegas..

I will keep you posted about what is happening. 

God Bless, and Race Safely!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment