Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vegas Continued, Still no car stuff

No Car Stuff yet..

Just more about my Vegas trip...

Part 3

I left the hotel, crossed the small street that separated the hotel and parking garage, and went into the parking garage to get my car. There are two elevators at the Golden Nuggets parking garage.

You can't use the stairs because they are locked going up, as a security measure. The stairs are not of any interest to me anyway, as I prefer to save my energy for important things, and usually take the elevator. Well, this morning, both elevators were broken!

OK, how do I get my car? The elevators are broken, and the stairs are not a viable option. The parking garage attendant tells me that there is a golf cart that will take me to my car, as soon as he gets back. And as soon as the three people who were there before me are taken to their vehicles. My concept of a golf cart is something like the cart we use as a pit vehicle. It seats a total of four, and moves pretty fast when you step on it.

But that isn't what they had. They had a cart that could take one passenger. And it was slow! After a genuine ten minutes, I happen to see the maintenance guy with a key ring that looked like he could open the world. I knew he worked there, because he had taken a jumper box up to to the next level to jump start someones car.


I ask him if he had a key to the stairs.
Why? He asks....
Because the fricking elevators are both broken!
Both of them? He asks....
Oh gee, that is a great question, so now just let me check. YES!!!!!!!!!!! Both of them!

A light came on, and he said: Yes, I can open the doors in the stairs. So two of us who felt that waiting for the golf cart was a poor use of our time, took to the stairs with the maintenance guy.


Three flights of stairs later, I am in the car. And as I drive down to the exit, I see the golf cart with it's original passenger still puttering around looking for her car. So walking the stairs really was more time efficient choice, especially for someone like me with no patience whatsoever. I fully relate to Lucy in a Peanuts/Charley Brown comic strip which I read many years ago. She prayed, "God give me patience. And I want it now!" So the stairs worked for me. No patience required or used here.

This was it. It was finally getting close. It was the day before my return flight, I played a lot of Poker. And went to my room very tired, but not sleepy. I got on the Internet, watched the news. Watched weather on TV, and caught a couple of episodes of Law and Order.


I packed most of my stuff. And it was now about four in the morning when I got to sleep. Around 8:30 AM, I got up, finished packing, and took a couple of bags, my suit bag and laptop bag to the car. Came back and got my big bag and put that in the car. I don't leave until late tonight, so I will just leave the car with the luggage in the parking garage until later. I check out of the hotel, and they ask, as they always do, How was your stay? I wonder why they bother to ask.. I guess they expect everyone to be polite and say “fine”. I am not in a mood to be especially polite, after four hours of sleep and a bit of an alcohol induced headache, so I told her how it was. It was basically OK, but the noise from the vehicles going by on the street was more than excessive. They sounded like big trucks. But I was on the 15th floor! So I was surprised that I got that much street noise. It didn't keep me from sleeping, but it definitely was annoying when I was awake.

To be Continued.....again....

No comments:

Post a Comment