Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Night Report

Nothing but bad news and people who should know something, scratching their heads and shrugging their shoulders....

We are still trying to figure out why we are burning up coil packs...

More grounds should fix it,we were told... We put in more grounds --- we even put grounds on grounds, and that didn't work...

Maybe it is the 16 volt battery causing the problem... We put in a 12 volt battery and although it took a few seconds more, we got the same result...

So although we qualified number 15 out of over a hundred cars, we are unlikely to get more than one run tomorrow before we toast coil packs again, and we are out of spare coil packs..and Indianapolis is out of the too... we took the last 3 out of O'Reilly's warehouse today.

So what is the problem? Nobody has a clue...(And the problem is ABSOLUTELY NOT the fault of DIY Autotune, or the Mega Squirt as we switched to another ECU last week. Jerry at DIY always gave us good advice that we didn't/couldn't follow as we always chasing a schedule that too tight to allow testing before hauling the car off to a National event. Had we had more testing time,the Mega Squirt would have worked out just fine. But I felt it was better now to try something that others were all having great success with... So much for that decision...)

We will run tomorrow, for at least one run.

And then the next question is what is the future for Mega Maniac???? Is this the time to throw in the towel on the project? How long can I keep borrowing money to keep the car running? Do I even have the heart to keep going??

It is late, and I am more than just tired, I am so tired mentally and physically that I just know that I am not thinking clearly. And my emotions are on razor's edge. I really, really wanted to make this thing finally work to vindicate Chris' and my efforts..... So I won;t even try to answer any of those questions tonight. I will just go to sleep for 5-6 hours and we will go to the track, and try to make that one run

Goodnight all..

David

No comments:

Post a Comment